Topic: Suggestions for next release

==== ==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: N/A
====
Suggested correction for info on the DNS-DKIM page http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/wiki/DNS_DKIM
I found that the package name amavisd has changed to amavisd-new in Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS

During one of my installations I entered an alternative default mail storage path (on a large partition), which contained upper-case characters.
I found that the installation had problems locating the mail-store for all new users. I found that the correct path was in the database record for the new user, but that it was in lower case. A useful workaround was to mount my large partition on /var and just accept the default path.

Thanks for such a helpful product, it is a real time-saver.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Suggestions for next release

joeHnz wrote:

Suggested correction for info on the DNS-DKIM page http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/wiki/DNS_DKIM
I found that the package name amavisd has changed to amavisd-new in Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS

Add a note to mention about different command names on Linux/BSD distribution.

joeHnz wrote:

During one of my installations I entered an alternative default mail storage path (on a large partition), which contained upper-case characters.
I found that the installation had problems locating the mail-store for all new users. I found that the correct path was in the database record for the new user, but that it was in lower case. A useful workaround was to mount my large partition on /var and just accept the default path.

Maildir path will be converted to lower cases in Dovecot. Add a note in installation wizard.

joeHnz wrote:

Thanks for such a helpful product, it is a real time-saver.

Enjoy. smile