Topic: Use standard LDAP meaning for "sn" please

Hi,
I'd like to request that you modify iRedAdmin so that the users Last Name is stored in the 'sn' (surname) field in LDAP. Right now it looks like sn is storing a duplicate of "User Name" (uid).

When I connect OS X Contacs.app (Addressbook) to the iRedMail database, the app is pulling "sn" for the user's last names, so I'd like it if it were entered correctly from iRedAdmin.

Contacts.app seems to happily grab the first name out of the 'cn' field. smile

Also, the "User ID" field gets propagated to "employeeID" in LDAP too. Maybe change the label name to User/Employee ID?

Thanks

Maze

I'm somewhere around version 0.8.X but I'm not sure b/c I can't remember how many upgrade procedures I've followed.
LDAP BACKEND
Ubuntu 10.04 Precise

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Use standard LDAP meaning for "sn" please

FYI, I just checked, and people with a "First Middle Last" name scheme in the 'cn' field are also displayed correctly in the AddressBook/Contacts app in OS X (10.8.X) if the LDAP 'sn' field is set correctly to their "Last Name".

Maze

maze wrote:

I'd like to request that you modify iRedAdmin so that the users Last Name is stored in the 'sn' (surname) field in LDAP.
Maybe change the label name to User/Employee ID?

Will change them both in next release. Thanks very much for your feedback. smile

Hi Maze,

Just want to let you know, you can now manage user's first name (givenName) and last name (sn) with iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP, in user profile page (field "Display Name").

Screenshot for your reference:

http://iredmail.org/images/iredadmin/user_profile_general.png