Topic: Greylist configuration settings & re-try settings

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian Squeeze
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
for incloming mail:
which configuration file holds greylisiting delay settings?
Grey list has some delay settings for incoming mail.
and a setting for duration of white listing.
====
for out-going emails:
which configuration file holds resend retry timer intervals for outgoing mail
which encounters a server with greylist policyd?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Greylist configuration settings & re-try settings

Since you use Debian Squeeze, i assume you're running Policyd-1.82 (postfix-policyd).

The greylisting delay is not up to Policyd, instead, it's up to the sender server. Policyd rejects the email, sender server will retry to deliver it.

- For Policyd settings, please check /etc/postfix-policyd.conf.
- For outgoing settings, check Postfix (/etc/postfix/main.cf).

well i did look for some clues in the mySql database. It appears that an entire block of addresses in the 216.146.33.% is blocked. This address range is related to Dynamic DNS services, a very known company that does lots of email and dynamic DNS.  i not sure why policyd is blocking out the whole range of these addresses becuase it not listed on any RTBL list.

Because spammers like dynamic DNS services, they can simply re-dial to get a new IP address, then flooding again. Many ISPs use third-party RBL service to block spam, includes servers which has dynamic IP addresses. That's why you'd better use a static IP address for mail server.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Because spammers like dynamic DNS services, they can simply re-dial to get a new IP address, then flooding again. Many ISPs use third-party RBL service to block spam, includes servers which has dynamic IP addresses. That's why you'd better use a static IP address for mail server.

well that maybe, but a large percentage of our customers seem to be using there cell phones to send and recieve emails, and we look bad if we are constantly blocking there emails. I only hope that whitelisting will over ride this is I enter there entire email domain as " @domain.com"