Topic: upgrade Ubuntu 10.04 => 12.04 Precise - policyd v cluebringer
When I upgraded my host OS, I had to slog through getting dovecot.conf switched to the new file format, and I had to deal with a host of other problems presented by the upgrade. I got everything back on line... except policyd v2 aka cluebringer.
Anyway, it seems the mysql database formats are different for policyd and cluebringer, and I don't have any idea how to get past this. Can anyone help?
I had to disable policyd checking in postfix/main.cf, but I'd like to have it turned on.
BTW, if it helps anyone else upgrading, you have to manually install (apt-get install xxx ) (the upgrade process doesn't do it automatically:
dovecot-sieve - sieve filters support for Dovecot
dovecot-managesieved - secure ManageSieve server for Dovecot
Also, the command # dovecot -n
is your friend to debug the dovecot.conf file.
Also, if anyone cares, the server is running on AWS EC2
==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: around 0.8.x
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
- Urgent issue? Pay iRedMail developer to solve it remotely at $39.