Topic: Problem with iRedMail-0.8.3

Hi ZhangHuangbin,

This is highly appreciated if you kindly advise me the solution of my problem as below:

Problem #01. My iredmail server can not deliver and receive emails from some domains. In maillog i found "Connection timed out (in reply to end of DATA command))".

Problem #2. Configuring MS Outlook 2007 for outgoing server with port 465 and SSL doesn't work.

My Server configuration:

OS: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64bit (Core i7, 8GB RAM, 500GB Hard disk)
iRedmail version: iRedMail-0.8.3
Backend: MySQL
My server is behind a router with MTU 1500

Waiting for your positive response. Thank you.

Regards,
Russel

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Problem with iRedMail-0.8.3

russel_sc wrote:

Problem #01. My iredmail server can not deliver and receive emails from some domains. In maillog i found "Connection timed out (in reply to end of DATA command))".

Looks like network connection issue, not mail server issue.

russel_sc wrote:

Problem #2. Configuring MS Outlook 2007 for outgoing server with port 465 and SSL doesn't work.

Please use port 587 with STARTTLS instead.

Thanks for your reply. Also port # 110 doesn't work for incoming. what i can do for resolution to get working with 110.

Regards,
Russel.

Ports 110, 143 are disabled by default for security reason (they don't encrypt connections), please use port 995 (POP3 over TLS) and 993 (IMAP over TLS) instead.

If you still want to use ports 110/143 (again, it's not recommended), try this tutorial:
http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … t.STARTTLS

But on my mobile using port 995 over TLS/SSL showing error (An error occured using TSL/SSL. Contact your email provider if the problem persists.), what should i do now?

Regards,
Russel.

russel_sc wrote:

(An error occured using TSL/SSL. Contact your email provider if the problem persists.)

Any related log on server side (your iRedMail server)? You should check log file /var/log/dovecot.log.

dovecot log is like below:

imap-login: Info: Disconnected (no auth attempts): rip=202.134.13.140, lip=192.168.10.1, TLS handshaking: SSL_accept() failed: error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure: SSL alert number 40

No idea at all. May i know which mobile device you're using?