Topic: maildir folder creation
==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
only posting this because it was one of those annoying problems which somehow had me stumped for ages and im not sure if its default behaviour or not...
my maildir folders which reside in /var/vmail/vmail1/ were not being created until either;
- i logged in to roundcube for the first time (having already created the account)
- i recieved an email to the account
because i was setting this up to import old accounts from another server i had no cause to login immediately after creation and i chased my tail for hours messing about with dovecot and folder permissions.
is this default bahaviour or does it sound like i have something misconfigured?
Get fast and professional support from iRedMail developers: