Topic: Email Clients Not working.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.1.9
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Mysql
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu server 12.04 LTS
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I'm new to iredmail and so far it seems to be a great product.

Could someone help me figure out why i can get roundcube to work just fine but not any email clients. Outlook, Thunderbird, droid/iphone. No clients seem to work.

Thanks in advance

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Email Clients Not working.

How do you configure your mail clients (Outlook, Thunderbird, ...) to use POP3/IMAP/SMTP services?
Here's reference for Thunderbird:
http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … r.iRedMail

Clients are resolved we were configuring the clients correctly but. The Test feature of outlook and thunderbird was failing although mail would send and recieve just fine.

banderson443 wrote:

The Test feature of outlook and thunderbird was failing

Sorry, what do you mean "The Test feature"?

Heylo Zhang,

I'm facing the same problem.

I can send email using roundcube, But if i try to send using email client for example thunderbird and outlook it seem failed

I do follow all the required configuration for SMTP: port 587 using STARTLS and normal password but still i cant send email. I can received email but cant send email using email client.

For outlook, when ever i try to test account setting POP3 seem OK but SMTP will result error

Please do advice

Thanks

Regards,
Afif

afif wrote:

But if i try to send using email client for example thunderbird and outlook it seem failed

What's the error message raised in Thunderbird and/or Outlook? Any related log on your server (/var/log/mail.log and /var/log/dovecot.log)?