- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
==== ==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 6
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: n/a
====

I have searched previous posts and not able to find a similar post so apologies if this has already been covered.

I have a domain (example.com) setup and working with it's MX records pointing to the IP via an A record and every thing is great. I have another domain (domain.com) and the MX record and A record are pointing to another provider. The ISP hosting the domain will only let you relay through them when you are connected to them, so when out and about roaming and using hotspots etc it is not possible to send email through them.

I have added this second domain so that it is recognises and can be authenticated against and can relay mail which is great.

However I have found that if I email from example.com to a user on domain.com it does not go out, query the MX records and deliver it, it just appears to see the address as a local user and delivers it to the mailbox.

So my question is, is it possible to force any sent mail to have it's DNS records queried rather than looking locally. I know that this will generate more traffic but there is a low volume of sent mail so I do not seeing it causing any major issues.

Thanks in advance

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Send Straight to DNS

russ69 wrote:

is it possible to force any sent mail to have it's DNS records queried rather than looking locally

I'm afraid it's impossible.
Postfix will lookup sender/recipient domain locally first, then query DNS server. If domain is hosted locally, mail will be delivered locally, too.