Topic: How disable a email account ?

how can I disable an email account without to delete the User acc?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How disable a email account ?

Set accountStatus=disabled in LDAP or set active=0 in MySQL.

Thank you zang !

Using a Full Feature iRedAdmin can do that easily.

With iRedAdmin (official web-based admin panel), you can set account status with one click (Checkbox: Enable this account):

http://iredmail.googlecode.com/hg/screenshots/iredadmin/user_profile_general.png

Hi, Huangbin,

What does the disable mean? I guess the user won't be able to login, but is the email account still receiving emails if someone else tries to send email to it? Does the disable also cause the email to be removed from all mailing lists on the iRedmail system.

Thanks

jinhp2011 wrote:

What does the disable mean? I guess the user won't be able to login, but is the email account still receiving emails if someone else tries to send email to it? Does the disable also cause the email to be removed from all mailing lists on the iRedmail system.

Disabling user with attribute/value "accountStatus=disabled" means:

- User cannot login via POP3/IMAP/SMTP.
- Mail server won't accept emails which sent to this account.
- User won't be removed from mailing list.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
jinhp2011 wrote:

Disabling user with attribute/value "accountStatus=disabled" means:

- User cannot login via POP3/IMAP/SMTP.
- Mail server won't accept emails which sent to this account.
- User won't be removed from mailing list.

where database and table for setting enable account.
Thankyou