Topic: Bugs in 1.5.0 re DomainAdmin feature?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.2 / iRedAdminPro 1.5.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,

I note that the domain admin facility has changed recently (the ability to identify a user as being a domain admin with a tickbox). I wonder whether there may be some bugs relating to the propagation of that feature through the interface. I have noted that:

1. Once I have ticked the "domain admin" box for a user, that user is able to log into iredamin and administer the domain, but the user does NOT appear in the "Domain Admins" box on the domain's profile page.

2. If I log in as a global admin and go to the "admins" page, I get a list of ALL users (not just domain admins) in all domains.

May I also make a related feature suggestion: it would be very easy inadvertently to tick "global admin" on a user profile, which would potentially have serious security consequences. It would be really useful if when logging in as a global admin, the main dashboard listed ALL global admins, so it would be obvious at a glance if people had been inadvertently added to the list.

Many thanks again for the great software.

Matthew

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Bugs in 1.5.0 re DomainAdmin feature?

mml1000 wrote:

1. Once I have ticked the "domain admin" box for a user, that user is able to log into iredamin and administer the domain, but the user does NOT appear in the "Domain Admins" box on the domain's profile page.

Sorry, this is not yet implemented, but will be available in next release (not the upcoming one, v1.5.1).

mml1000 wrote:

2. If I log in as a global admin and go to the "admins" page, I get a list of ALL users (not just domain admins) in all domains.

It's a confirmed bug. Will release a bugfix release, v1.5.1, to fix this issue.

mml1000 wrote:

May I also make a related feature suggestion: it would be very easy inadvertently to tick "global admin" on a user profile, which would potentially have serious security consequences. It would be really useful if when logging in as a global admin, the main dashboard listed ALL global admins, so it would be obvious at a glance if people had been inadvertently added to the list.

Good idea, will give it a try in next release.