Re: Wishlist of iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP

Hi santoshkrg,

How about mail new user with your mail client application instead?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

27 (edited by labasus 2011-11-21 05:28:44)

1) Profile of users always shows all services enabled.
The idea to make default services status (enabled or disabled) for the Domains.
2) To add services like Antivirus and Antispam in to the users profiles.

labasus wrote:

1) Profile of users always shows all services enabled.
The idea to make default services status (enabled or disabled) for the Domains.

Sorry, i don't quite understand what it means. sad Could you please explain with more detail?

labasus wrote:

2) To add services like Antivirus and Antispam in to the users profiles.

May i know how you use/tune/customize anti-virus/spam related settings?

1) Customize for domains (domain default settings)
If we have domain.tld
  Edit domain profile -> Advanced ->
      Enabled Services - Antivirus (On or Off antivirus protection)
                               - Antispam (On or Off antispam protection)

2) Customize for users (overwrite domain default settings)
Edit account profile -> Advanced ->
Enabled Services - Antivirus (On or Off)
                              Antispam (On or Off)

30 (edited by web2works 2012-02-20 02:29:03)

It would be an amazing feature if you could view the Postfix Mail Queue (if any) from within the iRedAdmin. Maybe you could even make this LIVE data so that every 1 min using AJAX to check the queue.

The main advantage with this would obviously be for monitoring the mail server to ensure there are no emails getting stuck in the queue without having to login via SSH and check the postqueue.

Also this could help the administrators find out if a emails have been delayed because of greylisting etc.

31 (edited by buzzzo 2012-03-15 17:20:23)

Scenario: 

2 domains: foo.org bar.org

Would be useful to buzzz@foo.org to assign a forwarding address of  bar.org domain (eg: buzzz@bar.org) in the tab aliases of ired gui admin.

Actually to do this I need to create aliases under bar.org domain.

It's much more simplier to let admin set it's own aliases in the tab "aliases" of the user without checking if the email is in the user's domain.

Maybe if this is not possible to put in the main iredadmin main branch is it possible to disable via patch ?

thx

I looked in wishlist, which was a little bit not up to date and wanna to add some ideas for the future functionality:
1) Vacation/Out-of-office administration i iRedAdmin
  - for admin (of supervised domain) or global admin
  - for user

ability to set - subject, message, start date/time, stop date/time

2) Vacation/Out-of-office switching by emails
- email to email+vacation@domain.tld with subject and message text, to switch on - subject and text for reply message
- another email to email+vacation@domain.tld will switch off vacation.

Roundcube vacation plugin is OK, but iRedAdmin has no this feature yet, which limits it.

It would be nice if when creating a new domain you could copy the settings from another domain.

I guess this same functionality could even work well when creating email addresses.

hi web2works,

What settings do you want to copy from an existing domain?

35 (edited by web2works 2012-08-17 19:30:55)

The more the better, cloning all the settings as if it was a exact duplicate with a different domain name.

E.g we have a standard quota size/throttling settings for all our domains. It would save us a lot of time when creating new domains and help prevent human error if we didn't have to worry about these settings and could select a previous domain that we know already have the correct settings.

Also can you add a dynamic company name into the meta title in the head.
Instead of display a basic: "Edit account profile" title it would show Edit account product for: My company". When editing a lot of domains this can make it easier to use your browser history to navigate to a details page.

web2works wrote:

Also can you add a dynamic company name into the meta title in the head.

Good idea. Will achieve it in next release.
Thanks for your feedback. smile

Wishes fro the next next version:

Deshboard can shows not only iRedAdmin-Pro version info, but current installed version of:
1) iRedmail
2) PolicyD
3) iRedAPD
4) Postfix
5) AmavidD
6) Clamav

and info which of them has latest versions maybe with links

Offtopic, but topic name is out of latest version, maybe it could be renamed just to the  "Wishlist of iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP "

+1 for managing user's out of office messages.

It's a real hassle to have to reset their password every time, since most of our users never remember what their passwords are.

P.S. I know this can be done by manually editing the dovecot.sieve file, but that's also a pain in the...

Vote system for requested features for this post is needed to prioritize them.

I would like to cast my vote for a pop/imap - FETCHMAIL interface.

I've had several incidents where this would have saved me quite a lot of trouble.

Thank you.

Hi Lennis,

Would you mind sharing your fetchmail setup?

43 (edited by labasus 2013-09-03 18:38:05)

Additional filtering in Quarantine email will be great: by Virus, by Banned, by Spam

labasus wrote:

Additional filtering in Quarantine email will be great: by Virus, by Banned, by Spam

The latest iRedAdmin-Pro displays kind of quarantined mail in column "Kind" which should be one of Virus, SPAM, Banned.

I'm using the latest version, but "kind" sorter does not work correctly then you have more then 1 page, I mean you must push on this sorter everytime on every page to sort....

Maybe better solution to make the same additional filter like on "Admin Log" (like Domains, Kind, Size, Date)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
labasus wrote:

The latest iRedAdmin-Pro displays kind of quarantined mail in column "Kind" which should be one of Virus, SPAM, Banned.

labasus wrote:

Maybe better solution to make the same additional filter like on "Admin Log" (like Domains, Kind, Size, Date)

Understand now. Will try to improve it in future release. I created an issue to help track this request, feel free to remind me:
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/issu … uarantined

Thanks very much for your feedback.

Question about features development priority: is it depends on Votes in https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/issue ?

No. Currently, not many users watch/track iRedMail on BitBucket directly, so no users vote for those open issues.

Add to wishlist : add DKIM management to web UI (specially for additional domains)

fabien.hespul wrote:

Add to wishlist : add DKIM management to web UI (specially for additional domains)

No plan for this. sorry.