Topic: What's new in iRedAdmin-1.1: Log VIewer.

Hi, all.

Just want to let you konw, admins can now view admin related log In iRedAdmin-v1.1 (Full-featured edition).

• Global admin are allowed to view all logs, normal admin is allowed to view logs which generated by himself.

• Allow to view logs which tagged as different event type, such as login, add/delete/enable/active account.

• Allow to view logs by domain. (Update: 2009-11-15.)

Hope to implement:

• Allow to view logs in special dates, such as logs generated in today, in 3 or 7 days, in one month.

Any suggestions?

Screenshot:
http://iredmail.googlecode.com/hg/screenshots/iredadmin/log_viewer.png

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by Suno Ano 2009-11-14 21:59:53)

Re: What's new in iRedAdmin-1.1: Log VIewer.

1)
Is there a way to track (and therefore see at some later point) what an admin did (eg created a new user, mailing list, etc.) and when he did it?

I realize that's not exactly about tapping into already available log files but it would certainly be a nice to have feature for IRM.

2)
About the current state of IRMAdmin ... I do like it a lot -- the new log view feature is certainly quite handy (otherwise folks would have to SSH into the machine and use the command line interface).

Suno Ano wrote:

I realize that's not exactly about tapping into already available log files but it would certainly be a nice to have feature for IRM.

Do you mean developing a log anayltic tool? Parse postfix/dovecot/spamassassin/amavisd log files under /var/log/?

Update:

• Allow to view logs by domain now.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
Suno Ano wrote:

Do you mean developing a log anayltic tool? Parse postfix/dovecot/spamassassin/amavisd log files under /var/log/?

No. I am talking about the ability to track what somebody did when using the Admin panel so it can be seen at some later point in time.

For example, if Admin "foo" creates a new user "bar" for domain "example.com", it would be nice to have some record of that action stored somewhere. Mabye a simple Python decorator around the already existing code might be a good way to do it -- it just enhances the existing code in order to "log" what somebody did using the Admin panel.

Suno Ano wrote:

For example, if Admin "foo" creates a new user "bar" for domain "example.com", it would be nice to have some record of that action stored somewhere

The same as what iRedAdmin did. smile