- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
==== ==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: ubuntu 12.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

in bash script creating accounts "create_mail_user_OpenLDAP.sh" there is lack of "smtpserued" in "enabledService".
there is one however in python version of this script "create_mail_user_OpenLDAP.py".
Creating accounts results in lack of "smtpserued".
This becomes a problem when user wants to send mail using mail client (like thunderbird) with TLS enabled.
User is prompted for password in endless loop and on the server side the following errors are logged:

Sep 10 13:24:38 poczta postfix/smtpd[5643]: connect from 89-79-147-182.dynamic.chello.pl[89.79.147.182]
Sep 10 13:24:44 poczta postfix/smtpd[5643]: warning: 89-79-147-182.dynamic.chello.pl[89.79.147.182]: SASL PLAIN authentication failed: 
Sep 10 13:24:50 poczta postfix/smtpd[5643]: warning: 89-79-147-182.dynamic.chello.pl[89.79.147.182]: SASL LOGIN authentication failed: UGFzc3dvcmQ6

Mails are send just fine form webmail interface.

The fix is to add "smtpserued" in "enabledService" in LDAP for every user created using shell script "create_mail_user_OpenLDAP.sh".
Respectfully to fix script add "smtpserued" to where it should be inserted.

Now i have a question regarding the issue. How can i batch add "smtpserued" to all users in LDAP that don't have it already ?
I have quite a usre database and there is no chance to do it manually user by user in phpldapadmin interface.
Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: SMTP error regarding lack of "smtpserued" in "enabledService" in LDAP

Thanks for your feedback, it's a bug in tools/create_mail_user_OpenLDAP.sh. Fixed moment ago:
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/chan … a971403230