Topic: Associate user mail to alias error

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 1.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: UBUNTU 12.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello, we buy the pro version few day ago.
When a try to associate a user@domino.com to an alias alluser@dominio.com control panel give me that's all correct, but if i see the user@domino.com profile isn't associate with the alias.
Perhaps there's a permission problem but where?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Associate user mail to alias error

cedbiella wrote:

Hello, we buy the pro version few day ago.

Thanks very much. smile

cedbiella wrote:

When a try to associate a user@domino.com to an alias alluser@dominio.com control panel give me that's all correct, but if i see the user@domino.com profile isn't associate with the alias.

Did you assign user to alias in user profile page (user@domain.com), or alias profile page (all user@domain.com)?

I will try to reproduce this issue and fix it soon. Thanks for your feedback.

Hi cedbiella,

I can reproduce your issue, it's a bug in iRedAdmin-Pro, and here's patch to fix it:

diff -r 1179f7ad758a libs/pgsql/user.py
--- a/libs/pgsql/user.py        Wed Sep 05 09:14:46 2012 +0800
+++ b/libs/pgsql/user.py        Thu Sep 06 09:49:41 2012 +0800
@@ -399,7 +399,7 @@
                         'alias',
                         vars={'newly_assigned_aliases': newly_assigned_aliases, },
                         where='address IN $newly_assigned_aliases',
-                        goto=web.sqlliteral('CONCAT("%s", ",", goto)' % self.mail),
+                        goto=web.sqlliteral("CONCAT('%s', ',', goto)" % self.mail),
                         modified=iredutils.getGMTTime(),
                     )
                 except:

The root cause is we must use single quotes to quote string ('xxx'), not double quotes ("xxx").

cedbiella wrote:

Did you assign user to alias in user profile page (user@domain.com), or alias profile page (all user@domain.com)?

In the alias profile page i cannot assign any user to the alias (it's a problem or a submit as a feature request ? )

Your solution work great, usually.

Thanks very much

cedbiella wrote:

In the alias profile page i cannot assign any user to the alias (it's a problem or a submit as a feature request ? )

If alias members are in the same domain as alias account, e.g. alluser@domain.com -> user01@domain.com, iRedAdmin-Pro will check whether user01@ exists or not, if not exist, iRedAdmin-Pro will discard it.

Will try reproducing your issue and fix it. Thanks for your feedback. smile

cedbiella wrote:

In the alias profile page i cannot assign any user to the alias

I cannot reproduce this issue in either iRedAdmin-Pro-PGSQL-1.0 or the latest development version.
New release of iRedAdmin-Pro will be available soon.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
cedbiella wrote:

If alias members are in the same domain as alias account, e.g. alluser@domain.com -> user01@domain.com, iRedAdmin-Pro will check whether user01@ exists or not, if not exist, iRedAdmin-Pro will discard it.

Will try reproducing your issue and fix it. Thanks for your feedback. smile

Only if the member (user01@domain.com) is already part of alias (alluser@domain.com) i can uncheck.
There isn't the possibility to check another user (e.g. user02@domain.com)

cedbiella wrote:

Only if the member (user01@domain.com) is already part of alias (alluser@domain.com) i can uncheck.

Oh, yes, you have to input email addresses of new members, then submit the form.

9 (edited by cedbiella 2012-09-11 18:39:39)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
cedbiella wrote:

Oh, yes, you have to input email addresses of new members, then submit the form.

i must go in the user profile and then associate to the profile, i can't input everything in that form.

cedbiella wrote:

i must go in the user profile and then associate to the profile, i can't input everything in that form.

OK, got it. You prefer to list all mail users in alias profile page, check some and submit to assign them to alias.

Will try to improve it in later release. Thanks for your feedback. smile

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
cedbiella wrote:

OK, got it. You prefer to list all mail users in alias profile page, check some and submit to assign them to alias.

Will try to improve it in later release. Thanks for your feedback. smile

thanks