Topic: Greylisting not working

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I see logs in cbpolicyd.log, but they are not related to greylisting. I also see error logs in mail.log when I stop the postfix-cluebringer service. So I guess the the mails go through cluebringer but don't get greylisted.

The default inbound greylisting policy is there and active, but the database tables for tracking and auto white- and blacklist are empty.

I know that greylisting can be configured per domain and user with iRedAdmin-Pro, but unfortunately this is too expensive just for private use (a non-commercial license for e.g. $100-150 would be VERY cool!).
I thought that the options are there in the database and iRedAdmin-Pro is just a web based GUI but I couldn't find these options with phpMyAdmin to check if greylisting is enabled for my domain and user.

Anyone any idea what I'm missing?

Regards
Marcel

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Greylisting not working

Hi

I also got the following error in cbpolicyd.log:
"Use of uninitialized value $email_domain in lc at /usr/lib/postfix-cluebringer/cbp/policies.pm line 476, <_READ> line 26877."

So I patched my policies.pm according to:
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic2804 … ppear.html

But still now greylisting except I just noticed the weirdest thing: I can send test mails from different servers and only get the following log:
[2012/08/15-11:05:27 - 3408] [CORE] INFO: 2012/08/15-11:05:27 CONNECT TCP Peer: "127.0.0.1:42834" Local: "127.0.0.1:10031"
[2012/08/15-11:05:27 - 3408] [CBPOLICYD] DEBUG: Got request, running modules...
[2012/08/15-11:05:27 - 3408] [CBPOLICYD] DEBUG: Running module: Access Control Plugin
[2012/08/15-11:05:27 - 3408] [CBPOLICYD] DEBUG: Running module: HELO/EHLO Check Plugin
[2012/08/15-11:05:27 - 3408] [CBPOLICYD] DEBUG: Running module: SPF Check Plugin
[2012/08/15-11:05:27 - 3408] [CBPOLICYD] DEBUG: Running module: Greylisting Plugin

Mail goes right through, no greylisting. BUT a "DNSreport" from www.dnsstuff.com produced the following log:
[2012/08/15-11:16:10 - 3406] [CBPOLICYD] DEBUG: Running module: Greylisting Plugin
[2012/08/15-11:16:10 - 3406] [GREYLISTING] DEBUG: Updated greylisting triplet ('SenderIP:74.115.12.0/24','dnsstufftools@dnsstuff.com','open.relay@example.com') @ 1345022170

Why got that testmail from dnsstuff.com greylisted but NO other emails at all?!?

Btw: here the corresponding line from my main.cf:
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = reject_unknown_sender_domain, reject_unknown_recipient_domain, reject_non_fqdn_sender, reject_non_fqdn_recipient, reject_unlisted_recipient, check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:7777, check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:10031, permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org, reject_rbl_client ix.dnsbl.manitu.de, reject_unauth_destination, reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname, reject_invalid_helo_hostname

Btw: RBL also seems only to work sometimes.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Marcel

Value of smtpd_recipient_restrictions is fine.

Did you try to verify your greylisting setting with httpS://your_server/cluebringer/?

Yes, the settings look fine.
There is a default inbound policy with disabled=no and 3x yes for use greylisting, use AWL and use ABL.

This is very strange, a test email from:
http://mxtoolbox.com
gets greylisted (I can reproduce this) but a test mail from:
https://www.wormly.com/test_smtp_server
does not get greylistd.

How can that be? I disabled all default greylisting whitelist entries except loopback and local networks.

Is there any mechanism besides the whitelist that affects which mails go through cbpolicyd / greylisting module?

Also weird, I got log entries in cbpolicyd.log for all mails, but greylisting does nothing except the mentioned test mails:
[2012/08/15-16:58:58 - 5612] [CBPOLICYD] DEBUG: Running module: Greylisting Plugin

The log level is already at debug, but no infos in the logfile if/what the greylisting module is doing or not.

Any help on this is still greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Could you please show us your greylisting setting?