Topic: Migrating from older postfix

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 6
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hey,

I have one prodution mail server running postfix with a mysql backend and I intend to migrate to iRedMail. Is there way to do this without having to recreate every account manually (I have around 70 domains with 200 accounts)?

Another question, should I avoid updating the system with the apt-get update / upgrade commands, given that it can install a newer version of dovecot, postfix, etc?

Thanks,

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Migrating from older postfix

hferreira wrote:

Is there way to do this without having to recreate every account manually (I have around 70 domains with 200 accounts)?

Check the SQL structure in iRedMail, then migrate existing mail accounts to iRedMail. It should be easy and simple.

hferreira wrote:

Another question, should I avoid updating the system with the apt-get update / upgrade commands, given that it can install a newer version of dovecot, postfix, etc?

Updating with apt-get should be ok, that's why iRedMail installs binary packages from official repositories, you can get official update from Linux venders.