Topic: Domain level throttling not controlled by control panel setting

==== ==== Provide required information ====
- iRedMail version and backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): 1.6.2 (LDAP)
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: RHEL 5.6
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

I've recently taken over administration of our iRedMail server and the iRedAdmin-Pro control panel. We ran into an issue with throttling yesterday and I see that the setting on the domain level in the control panel is not the one that is in effect. The throttling is controlled by /etc/policyd_sender_throttle.conf.

Is there a way to bring the control of this setting into the control panel so we have a central place to look?

Thanks,

Tim

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Domain level throttling not controlled by control panel setting

You can manage throttling provided by Policyd-1.8 with iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP since v1.3.0, and of course it's available in your running version, v1.6.2.

Do you have Policyd integration enabled in iRedAdmin-Pro config file (/var/www/iredadmin/settings.ini)? For example:

[policyd]
enabled = True

If it's set to False, please change it to True and restart Apache web server to make it work.

P.S. It's strongly recommended to update your iRedMail and iRedAdmin-Pro to the latest stable release: iRedMail-0.8.1 and iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-1.7.2. If you don't have download link of the latest iRedAdmin-Pro, please email to "support _at_ iredmail.org" and ask one.

Upgrade tutorials are available here: http://www.iredmail.org/doc.html#upgrade_tutorial

Zhang,

I checked the /var/www/settings.ini file and it already has enabled = True. Are there other settings that surround this integration?

Thanks,

Tim

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You can manage throttling provided by Policyd-1.8 with iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP since v1.3.0, and of course it's available in your running version, v1.6.2.

Do you have Policyd integration enabled in iRedAdmin-Pro config file (/var/www/iredadmin/settings.ini)? For example:

[policyd]
enabled = True

If it's set to False, please change it to True and restart Apache web server to make it work.

P.S. It's strongly recommended to update your iRedMail and iRedAdmin-Pro to the latest stable release: iRedMail-0.8.1 and iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-1.7.2. If you don't have download link of the latest iRedAdmin-Pro, please email to "support _at_ iredmail.org" and ask one.

Upgrade tutorials are available here: http://www.iredmail.org/doc.html#upgrade_tutorial

Could you please verify your throttling settings again by following this wiki tutorial?
http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … Throttling

Zhang,

I did check the settings and the differences I found versus the wiki were:

/etc/policyd.conf diff (new on right):
[root@mail etc]# diff ~trudolph/policyd.conf-20120807 policyd.conf
645c645
< SENDER_THROTTLE_HOST=1
---
> SENDER_THROTTLE_HOST=0

/etc/policyd_sender_throttle.conf (new on right):
[root@mail etc]# diff ~trudolph/policyd_sender_throttle.conf-20120807 policyd_sender_throttle.conf
781c781
< RECIPIENTTHROTTLE=0

After making our settings match and restarting policyd, I tried again to make a change to the "Edit Account Profile" page, but the changes do not seem to be reflected anywhere after I apply them:

Initially, the "Enable Sender Throttling" and "Enable Recipient Throttling" were both unchecked. I checked "Enable Recipient Throttling" and set a limit of 100 every hour, and I see no changes made to the files in /etc and no apparent changes in what was being logged in /var/maillog (still shows x/64 instead of x/100).

Any other thoughts?

trudolph wrote:

I see no changes made to the files in /etc and no apparent changes in what was being logged in /var/maillog (still shows x/64 instead of x/100).

Policyd will update in MySQL database. Also, you can turn on debug mode in Policyd config files to help troubleshoot.

I think I understand now. The settings that are in effect (in iRedAdmin, assuming policyd config is setup as the wiki shows), are set for any new recipients or senders that come in. From that point on they're stored in the MySQL database with those thresholds and are subject to those as long as they are active and not cleaned up by the cronjob. Is that correct?

Thanks again,
Tim

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
trudolph wrote:

I see no changes made to the files in /etc and no apparent changes in what was being logged in /var/maillog (still shows x/64 instead of x/100).

Policyd will update in MySQL database. Also, you can turn on debug mode in Policyd config files to help troubleshoot.

Exactly. smile