Topic: bounced (user unknown)

regards

i have the iRedmail      v1.6.3 (LDAP) in a linux opensuse 12.1 x64 server.

and i has been facing a problem since a migration yesterday, i have followed this steps
http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … ail.Server

everything is working fine with the exeption of the mails from a user in the local domain to other user of the local domain, mail send from outside is ok, mail send from local to outside is ok.

but when an account send mail to another account in the same domain the /var/log/mail show

relay=dovecot, delay=0.18, delays=0.05/0/0/0.13, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced (user unknown).

docevot have the valid credencials in /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf
postfix have the valid ldap credentials in /etc/postfix/ldap/*.cf
and i have prove postmap -q 'example.com' ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap/virtual_mailbox_domains.cf and show me the domain.

what can i check to fix this problem?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: bounced (user unknown)

einom wrote:

relay=dovecot, delay=0.18, delays=0.05/0/0/0.13, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced (user unknown).

"user_filter =" is wrong in your /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf. Please paste dovecot-ldap.conf here to help troubleshoot (REPLACE LDAP server/dn/password info before pasting).

The default value of dovecot user_filter, pass_filter in iRedMail-0.8.1 is:

user_filter     = (&(objectClass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(enabledService=mail)(enabledService=%Ls%Lc)(|(mail=%u)(&(enabledService=shadowaddress)(shadowAddress=%u))))
user_attrs      = mail=user,homeDirectory=home,=mail=maildir:~/Maildir/,mailQuota=quota_rule=*:bytes=%$
pass_filter     = (&(objectClass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(enabledService=mail)(enabledService=%Ls%Lc)(|(mail=%u)(&(enabledService=shadowaddress)(shadowAddress=%u))))
pass_attrs      = mail=user,userPassword=password

i have set the "user_filter =" and all variables like you have show me but the result are the same.

the /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hosts           = 127.0.0.1:389
ldap_version    = 3
auth_bind       = yes
dn              = cn=vmail,dc=exmaple,dc=com
dnpass          = vmail_password!!
base            = o=domains,dc=example,dc=com
scope           = subtree
deref           = never

# Below two are required by command 'doveadm mailbox ...'
iterate_attrs   = mail=user
iterate_filter  = (&(objectClass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(enabledService=mail))

user_filter     = (&(objectClass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(enabledService=mail)(enabledService=%Ls%Lc)(|(mail=%u)(&(enabledService=shadowaddress)(shadowAddress=%u))))
user_attrs      = mail=user,homeDirectory=home,=mail=maildir:~/Maildir/,mailQuota=quota_rule=*:bytes=%$
pass_filter     = (&(objectClass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(enabledService=mail)(enabledService=%Ls%Lc)(|(mail=%u)(&(enabledService=shadowaddress)(shadowAddress=%u))))
pass_attrs      = mail=user,userPassword=password
default_pass_scheme = CRYPT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

some idea??

i solved the problem follow the steps of this post

http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic3372 … error.html

i have added the enableService: lda for all the accounts and that was all.

thanks for your replys