Topic: automatic secondary (relay)

Hi.

So I"ll soon have two iredmail servers up and running and I'd like a third iredmail instance to act as secondary for the first two, simply store and forward in case one of the primary servers goes down.

I have two questions:

1.I've heard I can add a domain and tweak a setting in mysql but is there any way of getting iredmail to do this for me?

If I have to put some additional php in the add domain stage of the two live servers that inserts a row into the database of the secondary, where can I do this (which file and at which line should I put the remote SQL call?)

2. I think this is something iredmail users would like, how do I set about working with the developers to make this a feature and contributing to the project?

I'd envisage a new option in the system dropdown that allowed you to specify an iredmail server address and database credentials, then gave on screen instruction to talk users through adding a firewall rule and allowing mysql access on the secondary etc.

It would then insert the relay information into the secondary system automatically when you added a new domain and also check that the secondary actually has all the domains in its table, to ensure they are kept in sync.

I presume there would also ned to be something that allowed you to see the domains you were secondary for and see the messages or count of messages in the queue, when looking at iredadminpro on the secondary server?

Happy to start a new thread about contributing to iredmail but could someone in the meantime have a go at answering question one and tell me the best way of automating that mysql entry into the secondary server, ie which file and where in it is the best place to put the remote sql call?

Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: automatic secondary (relay)

chrispyfur wrote:

1.I've heard I can add a domain and tweak a setting in mysql but is there any way of getting iredmail to do this for me?

This will be manageable in next release of iRedAdmin-Pro.

Here's tutorial to achieve it manually: http://www.iredmail.org/forum/post16780.html#p16780

chrispyfur wrote:

2. I think this is something iredmail users would like, how do I set about working with the developers to make this a feature and contributing to the project?

As mentioned in purchase page, customer will get full source code after payment, so you can achieve new features based on the source code, then mail me patch(es) directly and clearly explain what these patches do and what addition work should be done in iRedMail part. I'm willing to merge them if these features are useful to other customers. smile

Hi, thanks for the reply, I'll check out the link.

If this is going to be a part of a new release, can I suggest some way of automating the process, so you can say to iRedAdmin "There's a secondary server over here I'd like you to use" and it'll keep the databases in sync in terms of relay domains etc?

I'd like to contribute if I can!

Chris.

(iRedAdmin Pro user)

It's hard to know how to work with the secondary server. sorry.

Perhaps together we can find a way of doing this, it would turn iRedMail from a single mail server into a great open source mail network!