Topic: Debian + Iredadmin-ldap Installation from scratch

I'm using a new debian installation to try iredadmin

I've downloaded the sourcecode in the tarball available at https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredadmin-ose/changesets
and i started to follow the how-to on http://www.iredmail.org/admin_installation_debian.html

I installed postfix / dovecot / mysql / ldap

I've done the basic configuration, but i'm stuck at ldap configuration.

According to the documentation i've to search for the .tips file, but i think it refer to the installaton of iredmail, not just the admin module.

Basically i'm lost, i don't know what to put in the fields required in the settings.ini, nor i know how to populate the ldap with the first parameters needed to start the service.

I can see the web interface for the login, i just don't know which username / password combination i must put there.

Any hint?

Thanks in advance

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Debian + Iredadmin-ldap Installation from scratch

iRedAdmin is not a general web admin tool, it requires iRedMail. The LDAP attributes, SQL tables/columns used in iRedAdmin are all hard-coded.

Just curious, why not install iRedMail on Debian first? You can choose to install iRedAdmin during iRedMail installation.

Re: Debian + Iredadmin-ldap Installation from scratch

Hi Zhang and thank you for the quick reply.
Our architecture needs to be in HA, to provide BC and fail over.

The general idea is to have mx server(s) that process mail from the external, testing for spam/virus, and than relay all the ham to the mailhub(s) where postfix await to store the messages in the mailboxes.

We lack a way to properly manage the postfix domains / users, so we thought that iredadmin could fill the spot.

At first i just saw iredadmin like a better interface to all the mail system (a bit like phamm), thank you to clarify me that iredadmin is not a standalone tool and MUST be installed with iredmail