Topic: Problem with upgrading reason wanting to upgrade to 0.8.1

The reason for my previous post was wanting to get rid of this error:

Error: Protected multilib versions: clamav-0.97.5-2.el6.rf.x86_64 != clamav-0.97.4-1.el6.rf.i686

I keep getting this when I run:

*Error: Protected multilib versions: clamav-0.97.5-2.el6.rf.x86_64 != clamav-0.97.4-1.el6.rf.i686*

It's clamav to do with iremail v0.7.4 but I just can not get rid of this and it won't update until I do, any help is much appreciated done everything I can think of to remove this except removing clamav completely I do not want to mess any of my email servers anti virus check unless someone knows of a way of making this work?

I am really stuck tried upgrading using the command to the updated version of clamav but still complains of this error.

==== Provide required information ====
- iRedMail version and backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting:

*Error: Protected multilib versions: clamav-0.97.5-2.el6.rf.x86_64 != clamav-0.97.4-1.el6.rf.i686*
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Problem with upgrading reason wanting to upgrade to 0.8.1

Seems package conflict caused by multiple yum repositories.

May i know which yum repositories you have? Please show us output of below command:

# yum repolist

3 (edited by j.smith1981 2012-07-12 23:29:37)

Yes of course these are my repos (direct copied output when running the command 'yum' repolist) these are active when running the command in my previoys post:

base
extras
iRedMail
updates
webtatic

I tried disabling clamav on base and probably updates I forgot I will try and run this again I know it will be that the previous one, what in your opinion should I do? It seems to me like I need to disable the Centos Base, Extras and updates one for clamav is it?

Just wanted confirmation since I think I forgot to do the updates one but I am not too sure.

Thanks ever so much for your help and I look forward to your reply,
Jez

Please disable repo "webtatic", then try again.

Still comes up with the exact same error:

Error: Protected multilib versions: clamav-0.97.4-1.el6.rf.i686 != clamav-0.97.5-2.el6.rf.x86_64

Looks like you have multiple clamav package installed, please remove them first, then install it again. For example:

# cp /etc/clamd.conf /etc/clamd.conf.bak
# yum remove clamav*
# yum install clamav
# cp /etc/clamd.conf.bak /etc/clamd.conf

7 (edited by j.smith1981 2012-07-17 21:52:24)

[EDITED]
Just wanted to say a huge thank you for your help. It works fine now.

Regards,
Jeremy.