26 (edited by csy 2012-07-16 04:49:54)

Re: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL

Hello

FYI: cluebringer is not available in my installation sad (debian 6.0, no dir/conf, not in usr/share etc)

I have only one wish: I would like to manage user directories path / domain.
example:
/data/vmail/_domain1_/_username_
/data/vmail/_domain2_/_u/sername_

i have only 2-300 user in 4 domain, and im too lazy to write any bashscript to move the old mails in default mailbox path.

Is there any estimations when this feature is available ?

PS: another idea: Default welcome mail, to create user mailbox (with domain datas: imap/pop/smtp addresses etc)

Best Regards

27

Re: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL

csy wrote:

I have only one wish: I would like to manage user directories path / domain.
example:
/data/vmail/_domain1_/_username_
/data/vmail/_domain2_/_u/sername_
i have only 2-300 user in 4 domain, and im too lazy to write any bashscript to move the old mails in default mailbox path.
Is there any estimations when this feature is available ?

This feature is available in iRedMail-0.8.1/tools/create_mail_user_*, you can also customize maildir path in iRedAdmin (both open source edition and Pro edition).

csy wrote:

PS: another idea: Default welcome mail, to create user mailbox (with domain datas: imap/pop/smtp addresses etc)

No plan, sorry.

28

Re: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL

Thanks for your help, create_mail_user_SQL.sh saved me smile

best regards

cs

29

Re: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL

Hi,

Any plans to add support for admins to create X amount of domains?

Self-service is always welcome smile

30

Re: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL

tentacle wrote:

Any plans to add support for admins to create X amount of domains?

Do you mean allowing normal admin to create X amount of domains?

31

Re: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL

Hi,

Yes, it would give normal admins more self-control without bothering mailserver global administrator
when they need to create more maildomains.

There was discussion about this earlier on this thread.

32

Re: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL

I will achieve it in further release. Thanks very much for your feedback. smile

33

Re: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL

Nice!

Would it be possible to have shared quota for all domains for one normal admin?

Then they wouldn't be able to eat all space from mailserver but still have control
over creating domains when needed.

34

Re: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL

tentacle wrote:

Would it be possible to have shared quota for all domains for one normal admin?

Good idea. But if you created two (or more) normal admins for your customer company, how do you manage the shared quota between these two normal admin accounts? Set the same shared quota in account profiles of two admin? I have no idea yet, sorry.

So, let's achieve the simple feature first: Allow normal admin to create X amount new mail domains.

35

Re: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
tentacle wrote:

Would it be possible to have shared quota for all domains for one normal admin?

Good idea. But if you created two (or more) normal admins for your customer company, how do you manage the shared quota between these two normal admin accounts? Set the same shared quota in account profiles of two admin? I have no idea yet, sorry.

So, let's achieve the simple feature first: Allow normal admin to create X amount new mail domains.

Hi,

I meant that each admin could have their own quota to be shared across all domains he/she can create.

But I agree. Simple features first. smile

36

Re: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL

Hi!

Feature proposal: Per-Domain welcome email to new users.
Ability to send in new user mailbox a welcome email with customizable text (for example: mailbox limit, information about client configuration and so on...).

Feature proposal: Force password change to next/first login.
Users should be forced to change their password at first login or next time they login in rouncube. Should be quite simple to do, but may be very useful...

Reminder/ bug report:
Sorting by size sent or received mail in iRedAdmin Pro don't work (data in column are strings instead integers).

Many thanks for your great works.

37

Re: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL

New feature request:
Currently I can only mark a user as "global administrator" or administrator of the domain to which it belongs.
If a user of domain "x" should administer the domain "y" the only way is to create an administrator account (even with the same mail address of the user) and assign to him the administration of the domain "y".

It may be useful to be able to set an user as admin of a domain different than its own, without necessarily make it "global"...


Sorry for my English. I hope that I was clear...

38

Re: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL

matteo.frakka wrote:

If a user of domain "x" should administer the domain "y" the only way is to create an administrator account (even with the same mail address of the user) and assign to him the administration of the domain "y".

It may be useful to be able to set an user as admin of a domain different than its own, without necessarily make it "global"...

Accept. will achieve it in future release (but not in next release, sorry).

39

Re: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Accept. will achieve it in future release (but not in next release, sorry).

Thank you.
And what do you think about the ability to force a user to change his password? You do not think it could be interesting / useful?

40

Re: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL

matteo.frakka wrote:

And what do you think about the ability to force a user to change his password? You do not think it could be interesting / useful?

This is useful too. Accept. smile
It's better to achieve it in iRedAPD.

41

Re: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL

Hey

I have a little request.

Would it be possible the change the SPAM threshold, disable spam or virus check per user/domain through iRedAdmin-mysql? I know it is possible to do that through amavisd's mysql implementation with $sql_select_policy

What about a black- and whitelist per domain?

Our customers need to change those two things, at some kinds of controlpanel and it would be nice, if it all could be controlled from iRedAdmin

42

Re: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL

Hi,

Is there plans to implement feature that would allow admins to create
domains without bothering global admins?

Earlier there was talk about this.

There could be quota of domains that admin could use to create new domains.
That quota would be set by global admin.

Would it also be possible to give admins quota of filespace so that they could
create x number of domains (defined by domain quota by global admin) with
y MB of space (defined by global admin).

This way iRedMail would be ideal self-service solution for hosting providers
and customers could create their domains when they need them.

Hosting providers could then sell for example domain-packs that would include 5 domains and
25 GB of filespace. Customers could decide how to distribute those resources best
way they see fit.

Only thing where customers would need to bother global admin is when they need more
domains or more space.

Just a thought!

43

Re: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL

Hi @tentacle,

Thanks for your feedback, i will try to achieve it in future release, it's now on my todo list. smile

44

Re: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL

Could you please improve the installation script which would allow us to customize the installation directory as well as a DIR variable.

Same for the virtual host..

45

Re: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL

Hi @kn,

Sorry, what do you mean "installation directory"?

46

Re: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Hi @kn,

Sorry, what do you mean "installation directory"?

Hello Zhang,

Allows us to customize the installation directory (instead of iredadmin & so on..)

47

Re: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL

Hi @kn,

No plan for this, sorry.

48

Re: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL

ZhangHuangbin: Hey. Did you get my last message:

I have a little request.

Would it be possible the change the SPAM threshold, disable spam or virus check per user/domain through iRedAdmin-mysql? I know it is possible to do that through amavisd's mysql implementation with $sql_select_policy
What about a black- and whitelist per domain?

Our customers need to change those two things, at some kinds of controlpanel and it would be nice, if it all could be controlled from iRedAdmin

Its the only think we need, to use iRedMail Pro in our production environment.

49

Re: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL

jacobp85 wrote:

Would it be possible the change the SPAM threshold, disable spam or virus check per user/domain through iRedAdmin-mysql? I know it is possible to do that through amavisd's mysql implementation with $sql_select_policy

No plan for this, sorry.
Just curious, what threshold do you want to use instead of the default "***SPAM***"?

jacobp85 wrote:

What about a black- and whitelist per domain?

On my todo list, but still not high priority, sorry.

50

Re: Wishlist for iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL

We are currently using Atmail for our companies. Works well, support is tough as most of it is in Australia and can be slow.

Looking more at opensource using IRM and maybe http://www.mailpiler.org/en/index.html for archiving along with some RoundCube plugins to fill some gaps.

However,Atmail released 7.1.1 today which has some neat Admin reporting functions for users. As an Admin I can see a Summary, Account Stats (logins/protocol/time last, top senders, top receivers, etc) Graphs will full reporting for logins, etc, and even a Map that maps their IP logins...kinda handy.

http://demo.atmail.com/index.php/admin/index/login#

Check it out yourself. Clean interface now too. But you will pay for the prettiness.

My suggestion would be some strong backend user reporting for admin, from a business perspective it sure is nice to have.

Post's attachments

2013-05-30_12-40(2).jpg 180.86 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

2013-05-30_12-40.jpg 144.24 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

2013-05-30_12-44.jpg
2013-05-30_12-44.jpg 80.21 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.