Topic: Upgrade question 0.7.4 -> 0.8.0

==== Provide required information to help troubleshoot and get quick answer ====
- iRedMail version: 0.7.4
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian Squeeze
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

Hi Zhang,

I have a question how exactly to upgrade from 0.7.4 to 0.8.0.
I followed your upgrade tutorial and read that you wrote that these changes are all what's needed.
But how do I get the updated stuff like
- Roundcube 0.7.2 (ok, I upgraded this manually)
- iRedAdmin -> 0.1.7
- iRedAPD -> 1.3.7

Also I don't see a reference that I should set disable_plaintext_auth=no in dovecot.conf in the upgrade tutorial.

I know that it is not *required* to run the script:

Usually, upgrading iRedMail is just updating some config files to achieve new features or fix bugs, you do NOT need to download the latest iRedMail and run the script.

So my real question is: *Can* I  and should I run it nevertheless? If yes, will I lose any of my customized settings?

Regards,
Oliver

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Upgrade question 0.7.4 -> 0.8.0

okoetter wrote:

But how do I get the updated stuff like
- Roundcube 0.7.2 (ok, I upgraded this manually)
- iRedAdmin -> 0.1.7
- iRedAPD -> 1.3.7

We have this tutorial for upgrading Roundcube:

- How to upgrade Roundcube webmail to the latest version:
  http://iredmail.org/wiki/index.php?titl … be.Webmail

About iRedAdmin and iRedAPD, the new "feature" is just PostgreSQL support. So you don't need to upgrade them.
If you want to upgrade iRedAdmin, just follow the upgrade tutorial for iRedAdmin-Pro (either iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP or iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL):
http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … utorials_2

okoetter wrote:

Also I don't see a reference that I should set disable_plaintext_auth=no in dovecot.conf in the upgrade tutorial.

This is for NEW iRedMail server. If you change this setting in production server, you have to make sure all your clients have correct POP3S/IMAPS settings.

okoetter wrote:

I know that it is not *required* to run the script:

Usually, upgrading iRedMail is just updating some config files to achieve new features or fix bugs, you do NOT need to download the latest iRedMail and run the script.

So my real question is: *Can* I  and should I run it nevertheless? If yes, will I lose any of my customized settings?

Do NOT run iRedMail installation script if you already have iRedMail installed.

Again I must ask: How do I properly upgrade from 0.8.0 to 0.8.1? I processed your upgrade instructions, but as I understand I do not get the new iRedAdmin version and the new phpMyAdmin version mentioned in the changelog. And the setup script is not for upgrading but only for clean systems, right?

You have to upgrade iRedAdmin, phpLDAPadmin, phpMyAdmin, phpPgAdmin, Roundcube webmail manually.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You have to upgrade iRedAdmin, phpLDAPadmin, phpMyAdmin, phpPgAdmin, Roundcube webmail manually.

OK, and where do I get the free edition of iRedAdmin? And do I also have to update iRedAPD?

It's available here: http://www.iredmail.org/yum/misc/

Yes, please upgrade both.