Topic: Newby question

I have just finished installing the laest iredmail on centos 6.2 (clean install).  I tried connecting to the server with outlook 2007 using pop, but outlook keeps on asking for the password.  I can login with the same username and passwd via webmail.  I also tried connecting to the server with my iphone and the connection was successful although it chose IMAP instead of POP.

My clients want pop instead of imap...I tried searching with no joy..can anyone please help?

thanks in advance

bm

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Newby question

Please check the POP3 settings in your Outlook again.
if same username/password works with Webmail/IMAP/iPhone, it should work with POP3 protocol, so there must be something wrong in your Outlook setting. For example, incorrect login name (it must be full email address).

Hi There and thanks for the reply.  I have the correct username and password, are there any security settings in outlook that need to be set?

thanks again and best regards
gb

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Please check the POP3 settings in your Outlook again.
if same username/password works with Webmail/IMAP/iPhone, it should work with POP3 protocol, so there must be something wrong in your Outlook setting. For example, incorrect login name (it must be full email address).

You MUST enable STARTTLS for secure connection in Outlook.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You MUST enable STARTTLS for secure connection in Outlook.

Sorry to be a pest, but there is no such option in outlook: "STARTTLS"...options available are:

None
SSL
TLS
Auto

and I've tried them all with no success...
bm

Use TLS please. Then try again and check log file of Dovecot.