1 (edited by brunoschwartz 2012-06-30 09:17:06)

Topic: www user does not exist

Hello All,

Today I installed the latest version of iredmail on debian squeeze with LDAP backend. All went well apart from me not being able to log in as "www" first user. When I look into iredadmin there is no www user. But I can create other users and everything else works fine. Here is the log

Jun 30 02:07:20 server roundcube: IMAP Error: Login failed for www@xxx.xx from 192.168.1.2. LOGIN: Authentication failed. in /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail-0.7.2/program/include/rcube_imap.php on line 205 (POST /mail/?_task=login&_action=login)

Is this normal? What can I do to revive this root accoung?

Thanks in advance.

B

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: www user does not exist

It's renamed to "test@" instead of "www@". The username "test" helps remind you to delete this user after making sure all services are working as expected.

Hello Zhang,

Thank you for the reply and also for the fantastic piece of software.

Is the www (or now test) account meant to be deleted? I was going to use it as a root account for webmaster postmaster etc. I thought that was what it was for, am I wrong?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

It's renamed to "test@" instead of "www@". The username "test" helps remind you to delete this user after making sure all services are working as expected.

sorry for the question, I only now noted the change from the 0.7 versions and the need to manually input root's address in postfix aliases. Cheers,

B