Topic: alias mail: cannot sent mail with them

==== Provide required information ====
- iRedMail 0.8.0 with LDAP and MySQL
- Debian squezze :

NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from anj75-2-88-162-182-86.fbx.proxad.net[88.162.182.86]: 553 5.7.1 <livre@foucry.net>: Sender address rejected: not owned by user jacques@foucry.net; from=<livre@foucry.net> to=<jfoucry@gmail.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<hpcp-dev11.novasparks.com>

====

I defined some mail aliases for my primary mail address (using the FAQ). When people sent a mail to those aliases, mails are delivered to my main address, it works perfectly.

But when I try to reply, using this mail alias, the server reject my mail (see log below). The log is clear, the mail alias address does not belong to my main address. But how can I make the "connexion"?

Thanks in advance for your help

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: alias mail: cannot sent mail with them

Hi,

The solution that workd for me was simply to edit the line starting "smtpd_sender_restrictions...." in /etc/postfix/main.cf to:

"smtpd_sender_restrictions=permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_sender_login_mismatch"

Be lucky,

Neil

Neil's solution is right. Thanks very much for your sharing. smile

neil wrote:

Hi,

The solution that workd for me was simply to edit the line starting "smtpd_sender_restrictions...." in /etc/postfix/main.cf to:

"smtpd_sender_restrictions=permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_sender_login_mismatch"

Be lucky,

Neil

Oh.. So simple... Many thanks,

Jacques