Topic: Manual upgrade from 0.7.3 to 0.8.1

==== Provide required information ====
- iRedMail version and backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): 0.7.3 MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 5.6
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

Hi.  For a couple of reasons I want to upgrade from iRedMail 0.7.3 to 0.8.1.  I looked at the upgrade tutorial, but it doesn't cover the one main reason I want to upgrade which is to move from Dovecot 1.2 to Dovecot 2.0.  Mainly, to be able to use the expunge command in doveadm since I have never gotten expire-tool to work in Dovecot 1.2 and I have trash mailboxes filling up fast.

Am I correct in assuming that following the upgrade tutorial for 0.7.3 > 0.7.4 > 0.8.0 > 0.8.1 will not actually upgrade Dovecot?  If so, I would like to know how to upgrade Dovecot manually.  The guide http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Upgrading/2.0 talks about configuration changes, but I assume I do actually have to install Dovecot 2.0 first?  Just making the config changes won't actually upgrade Dovecot, correct?

I will also be upgrading iRedAdmin-PRO from 1.3.0 to 1.4.0 as part of this, but as I understand I need to upgrade iRedMail first.

This is a production server with over 1200 users so I need to minimize downtime as much as possible.

Thanks in advance.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Manual upgrade from 0.7.3 to 0.8.1

answerman wrote:

Am I correct in assuming that following the upgrade tutorial for 0.7.3 > 0.7.4 > 0.8.0 > 0.8.1 will not actually upgrade Dovecot?

Yes, we didn't mention how to upgrade Dovecot from 1.x to 2.0.x.

I have very limit internet access this month, i suggest you try to migrate it on a testing machine yourself instead of waiting for our document. Also, iRedMail-0.8.1 ships a sample config file Dovecot-2.0.x for your reference: iRedMail-0.8.1/samples/dovecot/dovecot2.conf.