Topic: login trouble

Hi,

I am new to iredmail, but am considering it as a brillieant solution to get my mailaccounts and domains managed from what I have read about it.

I have installed it on a vserver using the ldap backend, disabling acl (as I can't use it with the vserver), run into the slapd starting problem which I fixed by setting the permissions of the certs as stated here in the forum and have from what I can tell all services up and running now - however, I can not login to either roundcube or ldap in the webinterface with any user I tried.

The lods aren't really giving any clue away. Do you hae any idea what to look for in pariclar for a proper error message and what else the problem might be?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: login trouble

which verison os are you runing.

if is sentos

vi /etc/openldap/slapd.conf
loglevel    0

to 256, and restart the ldap service.

shake wrote:

which verison os are you runing.

if is sentos

vi /etc/openldap/slapd.conf
loglevel    0

to 256, and restart the ldap service.

Debian 5.0

but the loglevel was also set to 0... changed it in accordance with your advice and will do some further testing wink

you also can check out the newest verison of iredmail

http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/source/checkout

no need setting the acl and have the newsest iredadmin manage the ldap user and account.

you also can test the demo http://demo.iredmail.org

5 (edited by greaman 2009-10-24 19:15:36)

k tried 256 as well as -1 now, still nothing in /var/log/openldap.log

the apache logs are just showing access to the pages, but no errors besides the usual spam of people trying to break into the server...

As I am usually on opensuse and just using debian as iRedMail doesn't support opensuse I am kind of running out of ideas of how to locate the problem.

I should be able to login as postmaster@mydomain.tld in roundcube stratght after installtion, right?

PS: found something in the dovecot.log... at least the /mail access seems to be a problem of invalid credentials - even though I don't get anything out of openldap I guess it might be the same problem... I will try to install all the stuff one more time...

greaman wrote:

k tried 256 as well as -1 now, still nothing in /var/log/openldap.log

This's a bug in iRedMail-0.5.0: file location of syslog.conf on Ubuntu 8.04 is incorrect.

There's a new file: /etc/rsyslog.conf, file content is:

local4.*                        -/var/log/openldap.log

Simplily append this line in /etc/syslog.conf, remove /etc/rsyslog.conf, and then restart syslog service should fix this issue.