Topic: The operation of virtual domain

==== Provide required information ====
- iRedMail version and backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
==== ==== Provide required information ====
- iRedMail version and backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):free iredmail / MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:CentOS6.2 x64
====
Hi, everyone.
Please tell us your ideas.
Google has written much in translation, can not speak English. I hope that come across.

The domain has been assigned to each of the six servers now. Has operated the home page in each. I think after you install the iredmail to one mail server did not assign a domain the domain of e-mail them, and you want to be managed together. (Virtual domain)

At this time, I want to be able to access at the address along to that domain.
aaa@example.com -> mail.example.com
bbb@bbb.net -> mail.bbb.net
Maybe, but we believe can be solved by specifying the mail server A record in the setting of DNS, possible? After, in the case of virtual domains, when you set up Outlook or Thunderbird server, I would like to specify in its domain name, possible?
aaa@example.com -> mail.example.com (pop/smtp)
bbb@bbb.net -> mail.bbb.net (pop/smtp)

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: The operation of virtual domain

I guess i understood your question: Your iRedMail server serves mail hosting for 6 mail domains, for mail user 'aaa@example.com', you prefer to set POP3/SMTP server addresses to 'mail.example.com' in Outlook, Thunderbird. Am i right?

Let's say your mail server has IP address: 173.254.22.21, and it hosts 6 mail domains, includes 'example.com'. To achieve your goal, you have to point A record of 'mail.example.com' to 173.254.22.21, and MX record of 'example.com' to 173.254.22.21 too.

Hope it helps.

Thank you for your help.
I will give this a try.
When the results are successful, you will be reported.

I do not have an understanding of how to use this forum, I'm worried that the answer can be well ...

Hello. I have not yet set, I feel you okay with this?
IP and domain depicted herein are fictitious.

(sample)

hostname  | host.example.com | host.aaa.net | mail.example.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
work         |       web                |    web           |    mail
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IP             | 192.168.1.10         | 192.168.1.11 | 192.168.1.12
DNS Setting
@    NS          | ns1.xxx.xxx
@    NS          | ns2.xxx.xxx
@    MX         |                         |                     | @     
@    A           | 192.168.1.10     | 192.168.1.11 | 192.168.1.12
mail A          | 192.168.1.12     | 192.168.1.11 |
mail MX        | 192.168.1.12     | 192.168.1.12 |
www  CNAME| @                      | @                  | @
ftp  CNAME   | @                      | @                  | @
mail CNAME  | 192.168.1.12     | 192.168.1.12 | @