1 (edited by digitalbit 2012-05-25 01:24:55)

Topic: Webmail/iRedadmin web pages slowness.

Fresh Install on a VMWare machine: ESX 4.0.0, 332073

OS: CentOS 6.2 - Kernel 2.6.32-220.17.1.el6.x86_64 (netinstall with the latest stable packages - Minimal Build)

IredMail - iredmail-release 0.8.0 (fresh install with no problems during the install)

# PHP 5.3.3
# MYSQL Server version: 5.1.61
# CLAMAV  0.97.4
# POSTFIX 2.6.6
# AMAVIS-NEW 2.6.6
# SPAMASSASSIN 3.3.1
# DOVECOT 2.0.18

... I also installed VSFTP (with IPTABLES_MODULES="ip_conntrack_ftp") and VMWARETOOLS with the VM repo.

Everything works perfectly (Email, Webmail, POP3, IMAP ... etc) and pretty fast !

The bizarre issue is if I reboot the machine today, everything works fast loading via browser /mail or /iredmailadmin ... after 2 or 3 days it begins to sloooooooow down the web pages load !
It takes a long time to load the webmail/iredadmin webpage and working with them... (even with intranet without DNS ... direct IP access).
I've check the network settings and everything looks pretty Ok ! (I've Compared with the same network settings in the company local network). I've also check top/ps command and there´s nothing out of the ordinary. The /var/log have no warnings or errors in the services logs.

Is there anyone out there experiencing the same issue with slowness webpage ?

Thanks !

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Webmail/iRedadmin web pages slowness.

No idea at all, sorry. Does it work well if you disable iptables firewall temporarily?

Re: Webmail/iRedadmin web pages slowness.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

No idea at all, sorry. Does it work well if you disable iptables firewall temporarily?

Thanks ZhangHuangbin for the reply and help ! Got this wicked "symptom" solved smile

The Hypervisor (ESX) was on the memory limit resources (by other VM's)!
Did a VM migration to another host and the problem got solved !

Thanks !