Topic: RoundCube "could not save password"

Hello,

I just installed some days ago iRedMail 0.7.3 and i didn't change anything in ldap or roundcube configuration.
All it's well working but the users can't change their password trough roundcube password plugin. It appears the advise "could not save password"
I checked the config files for password plugin but all seems ok.
I activated debug for ldap but when I try to cange password ldap don't write anyring in log file. When I access to roundcube, ldap correctly write the log file.

I found thath is missing ?> at the end of all php files in plugin, I added this in config.inc.php, password.php and driver/ldap_simple.php but nothing ghanges. 

Can Someone help me?
Thank you,
Michele

- iRedMail version: 0.7.3 fresh installed
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: RedHat 6 64bit==== Provide basic information to help troubleshoot ====
- iRedMail version:
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

Post's attachments

config.txt 6.54 kb, 4 downloads since 2011-10-27 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: RoundCube "could not save password"

config file looks fine.
Is there any related log in Postfix mail log? it should be /var/log/maillog on RHEL/CentOS.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

config file looks fine.
Is there any related log in Postfix mail log? it should be /var/log/maillog on RHEL/CentOS.

No, any log messages during changing password in /var/log/maillog or /var/log/openldap.log or /var/log/messages

Try to set "loglevel 256" in /etc/openldap/slapd.conf, restart openldap service, and try again.
There's must be more detailed log in OpenLDAP log file, please paste them all here to help troubleshoot.

Already done, any log when I try to change password.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Try to set "loglevel 256" in /etc/openldap/slapd.conf, restart openldap service, and try again.
There's must be more detailed log in OpenLDAP log file, please paste them all here to help troubleshoot.

michele.magi wrote:

Is there any log in OpenLDAP log file when you try to change password with Roundcube?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
michele.magi wrote:

Is there any log in OpenLDAP log file when you try to change password with Roundcube?

Any

It seems strange because it's a fresh installation of iRedmail, but I think that something is wrong in password plugin, so I'm going to try to manually install the plugin. 

Thank You

Hello,

I tried to install a new password plugin but the problem persists.

So I tried to change password method from ldap_simple to ldap, installing Net_LDAP2:
the problem persists but now I can see something in the log file openldap.log.

Nov  4 16:03:37 mail slapd[19604]: conn=7171 fd=20 ACCEPT from IP=127.0.0.1:38816 (IP=0.0.0.0:389)
Nov  4 16:03:37 mail slapd[19604]: conn=7171 op=0 BIND dn="mail=xxxxxx@xxx.com,ou=Users,domainName=xxx.com,o=domains,dc=xxx,dc=com" method=128
Nov  4 16:03:37 mail slapd[19604]: conn=7171 op=0 BIND dn="mail=xxxxx@xxx.com,ou=Users,domainName=xxxx.com,o=domains,dc=xxxx,dc=com" mech=SIMPLE ssf=0
Nov  4 16:03:37 mail slapd[19604]: conn=7171 op=0 RESULT tag=97 err=0 text=
Nov  4 16:03:37 mail slapd[19604]: conn=7171 op=1 UNBIND
Nov  4 16:03:37 mail slapd[19604]: conn=7171 fd=20 closed

Any log in maillog

Any idea?

Thank You,
Michele

Posted openldap log is helpless, it just mentions bind and unbind, no other LDAP operations like changing password.

P.S. Does your "any" mean "no", "none"?

Hi Guys,

I was having the same problem. I downloaded the password plugin from roundcube plugin repository and did the configuration and it worked. I don't know what was the problem but looks like some kind of bug which is in old version of password plugin.

Thanks,
Bikrish

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Posted openldap log is helpless, it just mentions bind and unbind, no other LDAP operations like changing password.

P.S. Does your "any" mean "no", "none"?

Yes, no other info in log files

I'm so sorry that i cannot help troubleshoot without related log. sad

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I'm so sorry that i cannot help troubleshoot without related log. sad

Thank You for the support,
Michele

I am facing the same issue. Any solutions found. No traceable problem with openldap log

Note: It was working earlier.

vasanth wrote:

Note: It was working earlier.

Did you change any config files? or, any changes on your system?