Topic: Problems to backup and restore iRedMail server

==== Provide required information to help troubleshoot and get quick answer ====
- iRedMail version:
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
==== ==== Provide required information to help troubleshoot and get quick answer ====
- iRedMail version:
==== ==== Provide required information to help troubleshoot and get quick answer ====
- iRedMail version:
====

iRedMail-0.7.4
Debian squeeze

I followed the steps

- All MySQL database, except 'mysql'. Because new iRedMail server has new passwords for users, don't restore passwords from old server.
- Mailboxes. It's stored under /var/vmail/ by default. Simply copy whole directory to new server is fine, don't forget to set file owner and group to 'vmail:vmail', file permission 0700.

export the database server vmail old and the amount on the new server

I can see the space, but when trying to enter the password will not let me.

I created users from the iredadmin, but neither allows me to enter the new user, the server does not display the login screen until I reboot the server

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Problems to backup and restore iRedMail server

Please check Dovecot log, do you have correct MySQL username/password in dovecot-mysql.conf or LDAP bind dn/password in dovecot-ldap.conf?

all passwords of the two servers are the same

Please verify the username/password in command line first.

AND, please provide required information:

- iRedMail version and backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Any related log in Dovecot log file (/var/log/dovecot.log)?

I have two domains olddomain.com and newdomain.com, newdomain.com currently being used, so that migration to the new server gave high through the olddomain.com iredadmin create a user and allows me to olddomain.com enter, as I can make that change or I'm doing wrong?

Could you please read replies? Verify the account first please.

This shows me in / var / log / dovecot.log, I have two active domains on the new server the old and the new domain but it is authenticating the old, as I can change it?

May 17 12:01:11 imap-login: Info: Aborted login (auth failed, 1 attempts): user=<user@olddomain.com>, method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, secured

- Please use full email address as login username
- If you want to use user part of email address as login name, please update "auth_default_realm" in dovecot.conf, so that Dovecot will append this domain name automatically:

auth_default_realm = newdomain.com