Topic: Change the primary domain

Hi guys, i install iRedMail-0.7.4 on a freebsd 8.2-RELEASE, with 3 domains:

domainA.com
domainB.com
domainC.com

The domainB.com on my local mail server is the same as my real mail server on the internet, but is the secondary domain
here.

I want to change domainB.com to be my primary domain here, and domainA.com to be the secondary.
is there a way to do that ?

Thank you.

==== Provide required information to help troubleshoot and get quick answer ====
- iRedMail version: iRedMail-0.7.4
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Freebsd 8.2-RELEASE
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Change the primary domain

Sorry, i don't quite understand. Does the "secondary domain" mean a backup MX?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Sorry, i don't quite understand. Does the "secondary domain" mean a backup MX?

Hi ZhangHuangbin, no. Let me try to explain....

I have a domain on the internet named domainA.com.

I install iredmail on my local server to bring this domain to may own I.T structure.

Here, locally, i have installed iredmail with my other domain, domainB.com as the primary domain, and add then after whitin iredadmin, the domainA.com as a secondary domain. I can create mail box for both domains, but i was trying to use fetchmail to bring the mailboxes from the external domainA.com to my internal domainA.com, but fetchmai only bring messages (or i only know how) to my primary domain, domainB.com.

So why i need to change domainB.com as my primary and domainA.com as my secondary here on my iredinstallation.

thank you.

There's no "primary" or "secondary" domain in iRedMail and iRedAdmin-Pro. What you need to do is correctly configuring fetchmail.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

There's no "primset logfile "/var/log/fetchmaillog"
set postmaster "root"
set daemon 30
set bouncemail
poll pop.neomap.inf.br proto POP3 no dns
user "juliano@neomap.inf.br" password "a927336" is "juliano@neomap.inf.br" here fetchlimit 10set logfile "/var/log/fetchmaillog"
set postmaster "root"
set daemon 30
set bouncemail
poll pop.neomap.inf.br proto POP3 no dns
user "juliano@neomap.inf.br" password "a927336" is "juliano@neomap.inf.br" here fetchlimit 10gary" or "secondary" domain in iRedMail and iRedAdmin-Pro. What you need to do is correctly configuring fetchmail.

Hi ZhanHuangbin, my .fetchmailrc is that way, for test purpose:

set logfile "/var/log/fetchmaillog"
set postmaster "root"
set daemon set bouncemail
poll pop.domainA.com proto POP3 no dns
user "abc@domainA.com" password "123456" is "abc@DomainA.com" here fetchlimit 10

But when i do thast, theres no messages fetched to the account on my local domain, but on the external domain it was duplicated.
And in some cases, some destinations received from my local domain, domainB.com an "undelivery mail return to sender".

When i try to fetch to domainB.com it fetch ok. Is that because is the same domain name ?
I Was wondering in fetch all messages from domainA.com (external) to domainB.com (locally) then copy the folder sctructure do domainA.com locally, is there possible ?

The folders is on the following format:

/var/mail/vmail1/domainB.com/t/i/i/ti-2012.04.27.10.58.54/Maildir

Thank you.

Dear cybercoke,

I'm sorry that i'm not familiar with fetchmail, so you have to try it yourself. sad