1 (edited by nwohiobb 2012-03-14 04:51:27)

Topic: How to install roundcube plugins on iredmail?

==== Provide required information to help troubleshoot and get quick answer ====
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 11.04
- iRedMail version and backend (LDAP/MySQL): v0.1.5 (MySQL)
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

How do I add roundcube plugins on iredmail?

Also I want to know how to updgrade iredmail from my current version to the latest one.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to install roundcube plugins on iredmail?

Roundcube ships some official plugins, you can find them under directory /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail/plugins/.

Installing third-party plugins should be easy enough:
*) Download plugin and (uncompress it if necessary, then) copy to directory roundcubemail/plugins/
*) Configure this plugin. Plugin config file, if it has one, is placed in the root directory of this plugin.
*) Enable this plugin in roundcubemail/config/main.inc.php.

That's all.

Alright that worked so my other question is how do I upgrade the iredmail to the current working version?

All upgrade tutorials are available here:
http://www.iredmail.org/doc.html#upgrade_tutorial

I dont see anything for mysql version.

?

What do you want to upgrade? The whole iRedMail system or Roundcube?

For upgrading iRedMail, all upgrade tutorials are available here:
http://www.iredmail.org/doc.html#upgrade_tutorial

For upgrading Roundcube, here's general upgrade tutorial:
http://iredmail.org/wiki/index.php?titl … be.Webmail

8 (edited by nwohiobb 2012-03-16 13:27:37)

Well I want to upgrade iredmail but there is no upgrade tutorials for mysql versions. I want to know how go from v0.1.5 (MySQL) to very latest upgrade.

Do I need to download 0.7.4 to /usr/share/apache2 or what?

Please check your iRedMail version first, then click proper upgrade tutorial for this version.
In upgrade tutorial, it describes what steps are required for MySQL edition.

Please, just click one upgrade tutorial and see the table of contents first.

Well I have v0.1.5 mysql setup and do I need to download 0.7.4 to /usr/share/apache2 or what?

Upgrading iRedMail is just updating some config files. You do NOT need to download iRedMail-0.7.4.

This might sound like a stupid question, but I installed the plugin manager. Copied the files, and modified the  roundcubemail/config/main.inc.php.

But where do you see the plugin manager in the UI. Its not in the settings page when I log in under www@ ?  What am I missing? Anyone have a guide to installing the plugin manager?

Also, the upgrade guide is great! I upgraded to RoundCube 7.2 with no issues. Thanks for that.

Dear nate,

What's "plugin manager"?
We don't official support third-party Roundcube plugins, so i'm afraid you have to figure it out yourself. Sorry.

P.S. Please create a new forum topic for new questions instead of replying in others'.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

P.S. Please create a new forum topic for new questions instead of replying in others'

Seemed like a good place to ask a question about plugin installation, as the name of the thread is "How to install roundcube plugins on iredmail?" I'm not trying to hiijack anyones topic. So my apology if the question came across like that for what ever reason.

To answer your question. In roundcube (web gui) the new version .7.2 , its recommended that all plugins are configured and installed via a tool called plugin_manager (a new plugin) . 

see
http://code.google.com/p/myroundcube/wiki/MyRoundcube

When installed it adds a gui entry to the settings page that manages which plugins are installed and active as well as lets you check if the proper version is installed etc.

The documentation for setup is not good. But its pretty easy once you figure it out.
1st upgrade to newest version of roundcube with instructions in this thread above.

If you wish to use the plugin manager this is what you have to do.
1. Download and unzip the bundle in a temp dir.
2. copy at miniumum  global_config and plugin_manager  plugin dirs to your /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail/plugins dir. edit /roundcubemail/config/main.inc.php   adding the plugin_manager plugin
// should look something like this
$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array('managesieve','plugin_manager');

3. in each plugin folder do this  "cp config.inc.php.dist config.inc.php "
4. edit the configs put admin user and  file paths ect.: nano config.inc.php   
5. login to roundcube, now you will see plugin manager in list(section) in settings.
6. check update plugins and it will give you zips for current plugin builds, etc.

Works well after you get it. I installed plugins like rcguard for captia, some other stuff.
the calendar I can't get to work fully as that was what I was after (caldav).

that is the deal with plugins in roundcube 0.7.2 and plugin manager. if anyone figures out the calendar, well that would be great if you shared.

thanks!