Topic: Apple Mail 5.2 (1257) asks sometimes again for password

==== Provide required information to help troubleshoot and get quick answer ====
- iRedMail version: 0.7.4
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian Squeeze
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

Some users are using their mail accounts with OSX and Apple Mail.
Quite often I get from these customers complaints about Apple Mail asking for the password of the mail account.
Error message (translated from german)

The IMAP server "mail.aaaaa.net" is not accepting the password of account "abc@aaaaa.net"
Please enter the password again or cancel the action.

I checked the mail.log on the server but I can't find any relevant error messages.
Any hints?

Thank you and best regards,

Bernhard

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Apple Mail 5.2 (1257) asks sometimes again for password

I use Mail.app every day, sometimes Google Apps asked the same question, i have no idea at all. sorry. sad

Re: Apple Mail 5.2 (1257) asks sometimes again for password

broth wrote:

Some users are using their mail accounts with OSX and Apple Mail.
Quite often I get from these customers complaints about Apple Mail asking for the password of the mail account.
Error message (translated from german)

The IMAP server "mail.aaaaa.net" is not accepting the password of account "abc@aaaaa.net"
Please enter the password again or cancel the action.

I checked the mail.log on the server but I can't find any relevant error messages.
Any hints?

Thank you and best regards,

Bernhard

Same thing here. I use Mail.app on Lion and from time to time (to be sincere not very often... once or at max. twice in a month) it asks again for the password.

I don't know why, nothing seems to be wrong in the logs... weird... It happens only on the iredmail servers though.