Topic: Setup iRedMail as a backup MX

Hello, I am using iRedMail 0.7.4 on CentOS 5.8.
I need to know how ca I setup a domain to be a backup MX (lower priority MX) for another Postfix server.
I can't find any settings to mark the domain as backup MX.
Please help.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Setup iRedMail as a backup MX

- If you store mail accounts in OpenLDAP, please create a new domain with iRedAdmin first, then login to phpLDAPadmin, add 'domainBackupMX=yes' for this domain.
- If you store mail accounts in MySQL, please create a new domain with iRedAdmin first, then login to phpMyAdmin, set 'backupmx=1' for this domain.

OK, I use MySQL. After I set "backupmx=1' for the domain, where can I specify the IP address of the primary server where the mail shoud be forwarded ?

sebastian.anghel wrote:

OK, I use MySQL. After I set "backupmx=1' for the domain, where can I specify the IP address of the primary server where the mail shoud be forwarded ?

If this is a backup mx, it will relay mails to primary server when primary server is available/online again.

hi, i´m trying to do the same thing, i´m using iredmail 0.8.1 on centos 6.3 - I can´t find the opton backupmx on any db with phpmyadmin.

thanks in advance