Topic: Import messages from older mailserver

hi guys,

I was planning to migrate our mailserver from external server to internal server running freebsd 8.2 an iRedMail-0-7-4.
My question is:
Is there any way to get import all messages from all accounts in the external mail server from the new internal mail server on the same account ?

Thank you for the help.

- iRedMail version: iRedMail-0.7.4
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Freebsd 8.2

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Import messages from older mailserver

Hello,

I tried to test a migration between two iredmail servers. All mailboxes templates were 'MailDir" and a copy/paste between the two servers worked.
All you have to do is to take care that folders must be chmoded 700 with user/group vmail and files must be chmoded 600 with user/group vmail.
Here's documentation for chmod folders and files properly : here.

Obvioulsy, I didn't try migration with no-maildir template...

enjoy smile

Re: Import messages from older mailserver

Hi cybercoke,

cybercoke wrote:

Is there any way to get import all messages from all accounts in the external mail server from the new internal mail server on the same account ?

If messages stored on external mail server are Maildir format, it will be easy, Just copy messages to proper maildir path on internal mail server, then set correct file owner (vmail:vmail) and permission (0700).

if messages are stored in mbox format, you have to convert them to Maildir format first.