Topic: iRedMail with MoinMoin using LDAP

- iRedMail version: 0.7.4 with iRedAdmin-Pro
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 10.04 / 12.04

Hello, I'm trying to integrate MoinMoin wiki with iRedMail user database using LDAP.
MoinMoin is a Wiki engine written in Python, it has support for LDAP Authentication
http://moinmo.in/MoinMoinQuestions/Auth … DAP_server

My LDAP server is iRedMail server. I can succesfully bind to LDAP server but I still have troubles with authentication (wrong usernames, passwords).
Here is my MoinMoin ldap config (basically it is for python-ldap module)

ldap_authenticator1 = LDAPAuth(
      server_uri='ldap://ldap.mydomain.pl',
      bind_dn='mail=www@mydomain.pl,ou=Users,domainName=mydomain.pl,o=domains,dc=mydomain,dc=pl',
      bind_pw='XXXX',
      base_dn='o=domains,dc=mydomain,dc=pl',
      #base_dn='ou=Users,domainName=mydomain.pl,o=domains,dc=mydomain,dc=pl',
      scope=2,
      search_filter='(uid=%(username)s)',
    )

well, there is a lot more options but I don't know what to choose for iRedMail (for example what search_filter?)
here is a full list (from MoinMoin package):

# This is a sample configuration snippet that shows how to use the ldap auth plugin.
    # See HelpOnAuthentication and HelpOnConfiguration for more infos.

from MoinMoin.auth.ldap_login import LDAPAuth
        # the values shown below are the DEFAULT values (you may remove them if you are happy with them),
        # the examples shown in the comments are typical for Active Directory (AD) or OpenLDAP.
        server_uri='ldap://localhost',  # ldap / active directory server URI
                                        # use ldaps://server:636 url for ldaps,
                                        # use  ldap://server for ldap without tls (and set start_tls to 0),
                                        # use  ldap://server for ldap with tls (and set start_tls to 1 or 2).
        bind_dn='',  # We can either use some fixed user and password for binding to LDAP.
                     # Be careful if you need a % char in those strings - as they are used as
                     # a format string, you have to write %% to get a single % in the end.
                     #bind_dn = 'binduser@example.org' # (AD)
                     #bind_dn = 'cn=admin,dc=example,dc=org' # (OpenLDAP)
                     #bind_pw = 'secret'
                     # or we can use the username and password we got from the user:
                     #bind_dn = '%(username)s@example.org' # DN we use for first bind (AD)
                     #bind_pw = '%(password)s' # password we use for first bind
                     # or we can bind anonymously (if that is supported by your directory).
                     # In any case, bind_dn and bind_pw must be defined.
        bind_pw='',
        base_dn='',  # base DN we use for searching
                     #base_dn = 'ou=SOMEUNIT,dc=example,dc=org'
        scope=2, # scope of the search we do (2 == ldap.SCOPE_SUBTREE)
        referrals=0, # LDAP REFERRALS (0 needed for AD)
        search_filter='(uid=%(username)s)',  # ldap filter used for searching:
                                             #search_filter = '(sAMAccountName=%(username)s)' # (AD)
                                             #search_filter = '(uid=%(username)s)' # (OpenLDAP)
                                             # you can also do more complex filtering like:
                                             # "(&(cn=%(username)s)(memberOf=CN=WikiUsers,OU=Groups,DC=example,DC=org))"
        # some attribute names we use to extract information from LDAP (if not None,
        # if None, the attribute won't be extracted from LDAP):
        givenname_attribute=None, # often 'givenName' - ldap attribute we get the first name from
        surname_attribute=None, # often 'sn' - ldap attribute we get the family name from
        aliasname_attribute=None, # often 'displayName' - ldap attribute we get the aliasname from
        email_attribute=None, # often 'mail' - ldap attribute we get the email address from
        email_callback=None, # callback function called to make up email address
        coding='utf-8', # coding used for ldap queries and result values
        timeout=10, # how long we wait for the ldap server [s]
        start_tls=0, # usage of Transport Layer Security 0 = No, 1 = Try, 2 = Required
        tls_cacertdir=None,
        tls_cacertfile=None,
        tls_certfile=None,
        tls_keyfile=None,
        tls_require_cert=0, # 0 == ldap.OPT_X_TLS_NEVER (needed for self-signed certs)
        bind_once=False, # set to True to only do one bind - useful if configured to bind as the user on the first attempt
        autocreate=True, # set to True to automatically create/update user profiles
        name='ldap', # use e.g. 'ldap_pdc' and 'ldap_bdc' (or 'ldap1' and 'ldap2') if you auth against 2 ldap servers
        report_invalid_credentials=True, # whether to emit "invalid username or password" msg at login time or not
    )

auth = [ldap_authenticator1, ] # this is a list, you may have multiple ldap authenticators
                                   # as well as other authenticators

cookie_lifetime = (0, 1) # no anon user sessions, 1h session lifetime for logged-in users

# customize user preferences (optional, see MoinMoin/config/multiconfig for internal defaults)
    # you maybe want to use user_checkbox_remove, user_checkbox_defaults, user_form_defaults,
    # user_form_disable, user_form_remove.

Which ones of them are important for iRedMail? And what alternatives should I use?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail with MoinMoin using LDAP

bind_dn='mail=www@mydomain.pl,ou=Users,domainName=mydomain.pl,o=domains,dc=mydomain,dc=pl',
      base_dn='o=domains,dc=mydomain,dc=pl',
      search_filter='(uid=%(username)s)',
    )
  • Be careful, according to default OpenLDAP ACL setting in slapd.conf, 'mail=www@mydomain.pl,ou=Users,domainName=mydomain.pl,o=domains,dc=xxx' can access only 'domainName=mydomain.pl,o=domains,dc=xxx'. So, if you want to query accounts under other domains, it will be wrong.

• Normally, it's suggested to use 'cn=vmail,dc=xxx' for read-only access. Just like you already had in /etc/postfix/ldap/*.cf.

• With ldap filter "uid=%(username)s", your users have to login with the value of LDAP attribute 'uid'. This is fine if you have only one domain hosted in LDAP. But if you have multiple mail domains hosted in LDAP, you probably have same uid in different domains. For example, both users 'hello@example.com' and 'hello@test.com' have 'uid=hello'. You may try 'mail=%(username)s' instead (if you want), then users have to login with full email address. But i'm not sure whether MoinMoin supports email as username.

Addition tips:

• Maybe you want to detect account status with LDAP filter (&(accountStatus=active)(uid=%(username)s)).

• You can enable certain users to access MoinMoin if you want: Add 'enabledService=moinmoin' for these users, then use it in LDAP filter in MoinMoin. For example:

search_filter='(&(enabledService=moinmoin)(uid=%(username)s))',

If MoinMoin is not running on the same machine, it's highly recommended to enable STARTTLS with below setting:

start_tls=2, # usage of Transport Layer Security 0 = No, 1 = Try, 2 = Required

Thanks!
I changed bind_dn to 'cn=vmail,dc=mydomain,dc=pl' (and bind_pw accordingly)
and it authenticates now.

I also needed to set autocreate=True option in MoinMoin to let MoinMoin create synchronised account with full functionality.

Glad to hear that. smile [I closed this topic since issue was solved.]