Topic: Upgrade from 0.5.1. to LAST Version

==== Provide required information to help troubleshoot and get quick answer ====
- iRedMail version: 0.5.1
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 9.10
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

Hi Admin,
I need to upgrade my Ubuntu to last LTS Version and I would like to know the correct process to upgrade the iRedMail to last version.

My Ubuntu server is on VMware platform, so I think to create a new virtual server and re-install the last version of iredmail.

How can I migrate all mail boxes and messages on new server ?

let me know

Riccardo

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Upgrade from 0.5.1. to LAST Version

Reference: http://iredmail.org/wiki/index.php?titl … ail.Server

I'm afraid that you will get some issues during migration:

1) There's some changes in MySQL database structure and OpenLDAP schema, so you need some addition work to import mail accounts to the new mail server with latest iRedMail.
2) Some softwares has big changes during package upgrade, that means you cannot simply copy old config files to new server for migration. For example, Dovecot-2.x has different configure settings than Dovecot-1.x.

Suggestion:

1) Keep old server running as usual.
2) Setup a testing mail server with the latest iRedMail.
3) Export data as mentioned in above URL, and try to import them to new server. As mentioned, it requires some addition work due to SQL structure/LDAP schema change. Mailboxes should be simply copied to new server, just don't forget to set correct file owner and permission.

That's all.

Re: Upgrade from 0.5.1. to LAST Version

Thank You

I will do that like your suggestion

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Reference: http://iredmail.org/wiki/index.php?titl … ail.Server

I'm afraid that you will get some issues during migration:

1) There's some changes in MySQL database structure and OpenLDAP schema, so you need some addition work to import mail accounts to the new mail server with latest iRedMail.
2) Some softwares has big changes during package upgrade, that means you cannot simply copy old config files to new server for migration. For example, Dovecot-2.x has different configure settings than Dovecot-1.x.

Suggestion:

1) Keep old server running as usual.
2) Setup a testing mail server with the latest iRedMail.
3) Export data as mentioned in above URL, and try to import them to new server. As mentioned, it requires some addition work due to SQL structure/LDAP schema change. Mailboxes should be simply copied to new server, just don't forget to set correct file owner and permission.

That's all.