1 (edited by heikoh 2012-04-08 00:18:55)

Topic: How upgrade from 0.7.3 to 0.7.4 without data lost?

==== Provide required information to help troubleshoot and get quick answer ====
- iRedMail version: 0.7.3
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 6.0 Squeezy
====

Hi there,

I've been running iRedMail 0.7.3 since Dec 2011.
Now the new version 0.7.4 has been released and I'd like to upgrade.

The upgrade tutorial only tells me only for example how to edit /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf and how to add 2 MySQL-tables.

But how do I apply the new version 0.7.4?
Do I just have to run the installation script?
Will MyPHPAdmin & Roundcube Webmail be updated automatically?
What about user specific settings like in fail2ban. Will they be overwritten?

Or IS the tutorial here THE UPGRADE, meaning the steps necessary to apply all the changes from 0.7.3 to 0.7.4???

Thanks for your answers,
Heiko

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How upgrade from 0.7.3 to 0.7.4 without data lost?

heikoh wrote:

The upgrade tutorial only tells me only for example how to edit /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf and how to add 2 MySQL-tables.

But how do I apply the new version 0.7.4?
Do I just have to run the installation script?

Usually, upgrading iRedMail is just modifying some config files by following the upgrade tutorial to achieve new features of fix bugs. There's no need to run the installation script.

heikoh wrote:

Will MyPHPAdmin & Roundcube Webmail be updated automatically?

No. You have to upgrade them manually. Any questions before upgrading, or issues after upgrading, please post in this forum.

heikoh wrote:

What about user specific settings like in fail2ban. Will they be overwritten?

They will not be modified/removed, they just stay there if we didn't mention it in upgrade tutorial.

heikoh wrote:

Or IS the tutorial here THE UPGRADE, meaning the steps necessary to apply all the changes from 0.7.3 to 0.7.4???

Yes.

Re: How upgrade from 0.7.3 to 0.7.4 without data lost?

Thanks for your fast and detailed answer.
Now I know how to upgrade.

I will update PhpMyadmin & Roundcube as described in the tutorials in this forum...