Topic: Is spamassassin working?

Hello.

How can I make sure spamassassin is working? I use iRedOS 0.5, and I'm receiving quite some spams.

I also tried blacklisting an email address on yahoo, to see if it's working, by entering:
blacklist_from xxx@yahoo.com

The result was that the email appears in /var/virusmail, but it's also in my Inbox. Shouldn't it be placed automatically in the junk folder?!

What should I configure so that blacklisted addresses and emails that have a score higher than 5 are placed in Junk?

Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Is spamassassin working?

And I also observed something strange: I put
$sa_tag_level_deflt  = -9999;
in amavisd.conf but I get no spam headers...

Please read iRedAdmin FAQ for administrator first:
http://www.iredmail.org/faq.html

Thank you, now it is working.

Do you have any idea how can I configure the server to move the messages marked as spam to the Junk folder automatically? Would it work using procmail?

iRedMail use 'deliver' program which provided by Dovecot for mail filter, you can define global filter rule or let user customize their filter rules in roundcube webmail.

And you can find global filter rule file location in /etc/dovecot.conf (RHEL/CentOS) or /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf (Debian/Ubuntu):

sieve_global_path = /var/vmail/sieve/dovecot.sieve

And you will find a sample file in the same directory.

Use procmail in iRedMail is possible, but is NOT recommend. because you can use advance features which provided by 'deliver' program.

Should I restart other services than dovecot to make that work? I renamed the original file and did not changed anything because it looked as it was going to do what I wanted, I restarted dovecot service, but it's not working. I mean, test email is marked as spam correctly, but not moved to Junk, still appears in Inbox.

BTW, when validating the role file dovecot.sieve using http://libsieve-php.sourceforge.net/, I get:
<<Result: line 14: unexpected quoted string "include">>, on:
<<require ["fileinto", "reject", "include"];>>

Changed the dovecot.sieve file to:

require "fileinto";
if header :contains "X-Spam-Flag" "YES" {
  fileinto "Junk";
}

Now everything is ok.

maxie_ro wrote:

Changed the dovecot.sieve file to:

require "fileinto";
if header :contains "X-Spam-Flag" "YES" {
  fileinto "Junk";
}

Now everything is ok.

Fixed. Thanks for your report. smile

I finally found out why this does work just for some users, and not for other.

According to CMUSieve documentation:

plugin {
  # Path to a global sieve script file, which gets executed ONLY if
  # user's private Sieve script doesn't exist. (e.g. /etc/dovecot/default.sieve)
  # (v1.0.1 and older called this setting "global_script_path")
  #sieve_global_path =

So, the global sieve file only works if the user doesn't already have a personal sieve file... Like for example when redirecting mail to another account or enabling vacancy mode.

Is there a workaround for this? So it works for all users no matter what?

Ok, I found out how: by using the "sieve" plugin (NOT "cmusieve") which comes with Dovecot 1.2. Unfortunately iRedOS has Dovecot 1.1. I guess I'll have to wait... tongue

You can use dovecot-1.2 yourself, but iRedMail project won't provide 1.2 related upgrade. tongue

Dovecot-1.1.x is more stable, and performance is pretty good. So we consider wait for more time to integrate 1.2.x.

And, roundcube-0.3.x ships managesieve plugin officially, i think you can use its config to include default/global sieve rules:

// default contents of filters script (eg. default spam filter)
16    $rcmail_config['managesieve_default'] = '/etc/dovecot/sieve/global';

Yes, but unfortunately this setting will work if users use only RoundCube.

maxie_ro wrote:

Yes, but unfortunately this setting will work if users use only RoundCube.

Fortunately, at least we can make Roundcube work as expected (if it works). big_smile