1 (edited by Ravi 2012-03-21 21:55:35)

Topic: Sending mails to other domains

==== Provide required information to help troubleshoot and get quick answer ====
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:CentOS6
- iRedMail version and backend (LDAP/MySQL):SQL/0.7.0
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

Hi ,

I successfully setupped iremail server in cent os and its working working as expected.Thanks a lot for such a wonderfull,nice program.In my server i setuped virtual domains and mail accounts and its working on my local network.I am able to send and recieve mails on my local network each other.

Now my question is how can i send mails to gmail or yahoo or such mail accounts from my domain?I have registered a domain name and i have its name server addresses.Where can i configure those things in iredmail??through your forums i came to know that bind must be installed for cashing.I installed that and the service is running.Then i have got dynamic ip address for my internet connection.Should i have static one?Do i need to configure DKIM,SPF(I dont knw much about this:-( )What else i need to configure to send mails to the other domains on the internet?

Please help me to achieve this...Any help highly apriciated...

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Sending mails to other domains

Static IP address is highly recommended. Mails sent from a dynamic IP will be blocked by most ISPs.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Static IP address is highly recommended. Mails sent from a dynamic IP will be blocked by most ISPs.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply...Is there any options to buy static ip addresses from online?
Please guide me to configuring my mail server to send mail to other domains like gmail or yahooo...

Ravi wrote:

Is there any options to buy static ip addresses from online?

I don't know, sorry.
But each VPS has a static IP address. e.g. VPS from Linode (http://www.linode.com )

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
Ravi wrote:

Is there any options to buy static ip addresses from online?

I don't know, sorry.
But each VPS has a static IP address. e.g. VPS from Linode (http://www.linode.com )

Ok thanks...Then how can i setup  my mail server to send/receive mails to other domains?