Topic: Greylisting behaviour in separate mailbox

Hello,

since we had a minor issue(?) yesterday i would like to ask of the behaviour of greylisting and a "feature" which may possible by now.

We got a mail yesterday from a yahoo account. it was normally greylist=new´ed, then 2min later greylist=abuse´ed and then later greylist=new`ed.
Is this normal? And it seems this mail was delivered to two of our users (was sent to a mail-user with mailforwardaddress and shadowaddress enabled for other domains of us)

is there a way, when a mail is really SPAM and normally NOT develiered to a real mailbox, not to reject it but to deliver it to a "spam@" mailbox?

If its possible, how can i manage it in the LDAP version?

Thank you!

Martin

==== Provide required information to help troubleshoot and get quick answer ====
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian Squeeze amd64
- iRedMail version and backend (LDAP/MySQL): LDAP latest stable 0.7.4
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Greylisting behaviour in separate mailbox

martinseener wrote:

is there a way, when a mail is really SPAM and normally NOT develiered to a real mailbox, not to reject it but to deliver it to a "spam@" mailbox?

Not sure whether below steps achieve your requiremets:

- Create a normal email user. It will be used to receive ALL emails delivered to non-exist accounts.
- Assign this newly created email user as catch-all account for your domain
- Login to Roundcube webmail with this email user, create an filter to redirect/forward all SPAM email to 'spam@' mailbox.

Hi,

no its not what i want to,
but can you explain, why new mails are being greylist=new, then abuse and then update state?? I dont unterstand that behaviour...

Does iRedmail filter SPAM (reject?) if yes, i want all "rejected spam" not rejected but delivered to a separate spam mailbox for later review.

Thanks!

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
martinseener wrote:

Not sure whether below steps achieve your requiremets:

- Create a normal email user. It will be used to receive ALL emails delivered to non-exist accounts.
- Assign this newly created email user as catch-all account for your domain
- Login to Roundcube webmail with this email user, create an filter to redirect/forward all SPAM email to 'spam@' mailbox.

martinseener wrote:

no its not what i want to,

Sorry about that.

martinseener wrote:

but can you explain, why new mails are being greylist=new, then abuse and then update state?? I dont unterstand that behaviour...

Please refer to Policyd document for more details about logging format: http://policyd.sourceforge.net/readme.html

martinseener wrote:

Does iRedmail filter SPAM (reject?) if yes, i want all "rejected spam" not rejected but delivered to a separate spam mailbox for later review.

iRedMail does filter SPAM, but it won't reject them directly. Instead, it will pass spam to user's mailbox by default.

You can quarantine SPAM into MySQL database, then release or delete them after review with iRedAdmin-Pro.
Reference: http://iredmail.org/wiki/index.php?titl … ining.SPAM