Topic: installation error

Hello. Installing in a jail under FreeBSD 8.2 (PC-BSD). I get this error:

libtool: link: cc -shared  -fPIC -DPIC  .libs/sasldb.o .libs/sasldb_init.o .libs/plugin_common.o  -Wl,--whole-archive ../sasldb/.libs/libsasldb.a -Wl,--no-whole-archive  -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib/db46 -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib/db46 -L/usr/local/lib/db46 /usr/local/lib/db46/libdb-4.6.so -lpthread  -O2   -Wl,-soname -Wl,libsasldb.so.2 -o .libs/libsasldb.so.2
/usr/bin/ld: ../sasldb/.libs/libsasldb.a(db_berkeley.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
../sasldb/.libs/libsasldb.a(db_berkeley.o): could not read symbols: Bad value
*** Error code 1

Stop in /var/ports/basejail/usr/ports/security/cyrus-sasl2/work/cyrus-sasl-2.1.23/plugins.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /var/ports/basejail/usr/ports/security/cyrus-sasl2/work/cyrus-sasl-2.1.23.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /var/ports/basejail/usr/ports/security/cyrus-sasl2/work/cyrus-sasl-2.1.23.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /basejail/usr/ports/security/cyrus-sasl2.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /basejail/usr/ports/net/openldap24-server.

Has anyone else seen this? I will go and try cyrus-sasl2 on its own, then resume the install.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: installation error

Here's wiki tutorial contributed by @dong:
http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … eeBSD/Jail

Note: We don't official support installing iRedMail in Jail.

Zhang,

NP. But a jail install is the way to go smile

So far "make clean && make install clean" for the ports with errors is working to past the bumps.

redshirt wrote:

But a jail install is the way to go smile

I know, but i'm not so familiar with Jail, you can help improve iRedMail to make it work with Jail.

So far "make clean && make install clean" for the ports with errors is working to past the bumps.

Do you mean iRedMail won't stop when port install failed?

Installed now. Not quite configured so working on figuring that out.

The script stops fine. It warns there was an error. I can install the port separately, then continue with the script.

6 (edited by DarkAGeS 2012-03-12 20:29:35)

I have exactly the same error in freebsd 8.2 amd64 (iRedMail-0.7.4) and 9.0 amd64 (iRedMail-0.8.0-beta2) installed in virtualbox - they are fresh and clean - special for iRedMail normal install. But... sad

update:
strange... just type again "bash iRedMail.sh" and installation resume without that error, but stop on postfix-2.7.8 install after
rm -f libexec/postmulti-script && ln -sf ../conf/postmulti-script libexec/postmulti-script
blabla...
cc: NO: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1
and thats all sad

DarkAGeS wrote:

*** Error code 1

This is a known issue.

You can solve it by following this post:
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/post5176.html#p5176

Note: Don't forget to replace Postfix version number by the real one.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
DarkAGeS wrote:

*** Error code 1

This is a known issue.

You can solve it by following this post:
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/post5176.html#p5176

Note: Don't forget to replace Postfix version number by the real one.

thanks, that works - helped adding that string to .iRedMail.installation.status file:
export status_install_port_mailpostfix27='DONE'
after manual installing of postfix27
maybe iRedMail.sh should check installed packages by oneself?..