Topic: Change password

==== Provide required information to help troubleshoot and get quick answer ====
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS release 5.5 (Final)
- iRedMail version and backend (LDAP/MySQL): 0.7.4 LDAP
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting:
Mar  6 17:20:49 servername roundcube: Bind failed: Invalid credentials: LDAP_INVALID_CREDENTIALS (49):
====

Dear all,
I have a domain with multiple alias domain.
When I logon in the webmail using an user of real domain I can change my user password, when i logon using user@aliasdomain all works except the change password procedure. In maillog roundcube log Bind failed: Invalid credentials: LDAP_INVALID_CREDENTIALS (49)

I would like to know if this is a correct behavior or if I have some config error.

Thank you.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Change password

mr.cocco wrote:

I would like to know if this is a correct behavior or if I have some config error.

It's a correct behavior.

Because the LDAP dn is hard-coded in Roundcube password plugin (roundcubemail/plugins/password/config.inc.php):

$rcmail_config['password_ldap_userDN_mask'] = 'mail=%login,...';

So it will lookup for LDAP dn 'mail=user@aliasdomain.com,...' instead when you logged in with alias account.
It's not that perfect, but Roundcube password plugin doesn't support addition LDAP queries to get correct LDAP dn.

So, How to solve this case ?

hoho wrote:

So, How to solve this case ?

A less secure solution: Use a global bind dn, and set proper LDAP filter to get correct LDAP dn of logged user account.