Topic: Complete DNS configuration

Hello,

First of all congratulations to the iRedMail developers and community for your superior work.

Taken as granted that iRedMail is configured on a fresh minimal/net-installation on a variety OS (I have used Debian 6.x) what could be a correct DNS configuration starting from the domain registrar up to the server (configuration files, extra packages,etc..) that iRedMail is installed?

I think this will fill-in any gaps on creating a mail server starting from zero.

For reference:
iRedMail-0.7.4 (MySQL)
Debian 6.x
Kernel 2.6.32-5-xen-amd64

Thank you.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Complete DNS configuration

You need several type of DNS records for mail server:

- A
- MX
- TXT (used for SPF and DKIM)

iRedMail doesn't install DNS server by default, but you can install them manually.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You need several type of DNS records for mail server:

- A
- MX
- TXT (used for SPF and DKIM)

iRedMail doesn't install DNS server by default, but you can install them manually.

Thank you for your response.

1. Do you have any examples of a good and reliable DNS configuration?
2. Can I just go with my domain registrar DNS?

kaplink wrote:

2. Can I just go with my domain registrar DNS?

Sure. All DNS providers should provides A and MX type DNS records, but not all supports TXT. Please make sure your DNS provides support this.

I see..

Coming back to 1 any good resources for installing a secure and reliable DNS in iRedmail ?

Install and configure Bind as DNS server should be easy, there're many free documentations available (in Google).

By the way, there's a contributed article:

- Setup Bind as cache DNS server on iRedMail to speed up DNS lookup. Contributed by Hoho.
  http://iredmail.org/wiki/index.php?titl … DNS.Server

Note: This is contributed by iRedMail user, we (iRedMail team) don't issue any guarantee that this will work for you.