1 (edited by manunauta 2012-01-06 02:51:16)

Topic: Mail accounts disappear

==== Provide basic information to help troubleshoot ====
- iRedMail version: 0.7.4-rc3
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: ubuntu Server 11.10 64 bits
- iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL-1.3.0
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

Hello Zhang,
I have a Serious problem: some mail accounts disappear, and when i try to create again, an error occurs Indicating That the account already exists.
This Has Happened 3 times, on Different Days.
What can be happening?
Another question: is there any way to send an email warning the user mailbox is full historical When?
Thx.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Mail accounts disappear

Did you migrate their mailboxes from another server? And store mail accounts in MySQL?
We have another user reported the same issue with migrated mailboxes and MySQL backend. You can find solution to fix it in iRedMail upgrade tutorial, from 0.7.3 to 0.7.4 (will be released tomorrow). http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/ (Sorry it's hard for me to paste direct link of this upgrade tutorial with this mobile device)

Yes, I store mail accounts in MySQL, but I have not migrated from another server, I did a clean install of version 0.7.4-rc3. Can I easily upgrade to version 0.7.4 stable from version 0.7.4-rc3?
Thanks a lot.

4 (edited by manunauta 2012-01-30 21:12:06)

Hi again.
After several tests, I have discovered that e-mail accounts disappear when deleting emails from RoundCube.
When an user deletes a mail from inbox folder, in RoundCube, his account dissapear in iRedAmin Pro, so he can't log in again.
I see, in vmail database, in the table named 'mailbox', that this user exists, but some fields are empty (password, name, maildir, domain, and local_part).

I'm running iredmail 0.7.4-rc3, and I don't know how to upgrade to 0.7.4 stable, without risk of data or settings loss. Is there a quick and safe way to do it?

Thx.

Here's upgrade tutorial for iRedMail-0.7.4-rc3:
http://iredmail.org/wiki/index.php?titl … -rc3-0.7.4

It should fix your issue with section "Store realtime mailbox quota usage in seperate SQL table".

==== Provide basic information to help troubleshoot ====
- iRedMail version: 0.7.4
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: ubuntu Server 11.10 64 bits
- iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL-1.3.1
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

Well, now I have my Ubuntu server 11.10 with iRedMail 0.7.4 and iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL-1.3.1. It seems it's working fine. However, Policyd is disabled. In policyd section into my 'settings.ini' file, I have these values:

enabled = false
host = 127.0.0.1
port = 3306
db =
user =
passwd  =

If I turn enabled=true, what values are valid in db, user and passwd?
I see in settings.ini.mysq.sample file these values:

db = policyd
user= policyd
passwd = passwd

but there is no database with that name in MySQL.

Is there any problem to use Policyd with iRedMail 0.7.4 and iRedAdmin Pro MySQL 1.3.1?

Ubuntu 11.10 ships Policyd-2, which is not supported by iRedAdmin-Pro yet. So you have to disable it now. We're working on Policyd-2 support.

Currently, you can manage Policyd with its built-in webui. It's disabled by default, please configure /etc/apache2/conf.d/cluebringer.conf first to allow access from external network.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Ubuntu 11.10 ships Policyd-2, which is not supported by iRedAdmin-Pro yet. So you have to disable it now. We're working on Policyd-2 support.

Currently, you can manage Policyd with its built-in webui. It's disabled by default, please configure /etc/apache2/conf.d/cluebringer.conf first to allow access from external network.

I've configured external access and I can connect to webui, but when I click in any option I get this error:
"Error connecting to Policyd v2 DB: could not find driver"
I have the correct values for db, username and passwd in /etc/cluebringer/cluebringer.conf
What driver I need?

Was Policyd v2 running?
Have you got the perl DBD and php SQL driver (e.g. php-mysql) installed for the database you're trying to use?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Was Policyd v2 running?
Have you got the perl DBD and php SQL driver (e.g. php-mysql) installed for the database you're trying to use?

I have the 'libdbd-mysql-perl' and 'php5-mysql' installed.
and these processes are running:
/usr/bin/perl /usr/sbin/cbpolicyd --config=/etc/cluebringer/cluebringer.conf

Was there any related log in Apache log file?

12 (edited by manunauta 2012-02-07 02:46:40)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Was there any related log in Apache log file?

This is the log entry when I try to click on any option:

www.dominio.com:80 87.219.157.215 - - [06/Feb/2012:19:07:12 +0100] "GET /cluebringer/checkhelo-whitelist-main.php HTTP/1.1" 200 310
"http://www.dominio.com/cluebringer/" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)"

I see that in /var/log/apache2/others_vhosts_access.log

access.log and error.log don't report anything.

Also, I have a lot of errors in /var/log/cbpolicyd.log. All errors are the same:

"Use of uninitialized value $email_domain in lc at /usr/lib/postfix-cluebringer/cbp/policies.pm line 476, <_READ> line 26877."

Looks like something wrong with Policyd source file. May i know which version of Policyd you're running?

P.S. All releases of Policyd are available here:
http://devlabs.linuxassist.net/projects/policyd/files

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Looks like something wrong with Policyd source file. May i know which version of Policyd you're running?

P.S. All releases of Policyd are available here:
http://devlabs.linuxassist.net/projects/policyd/files

I'm running postfix-cluebringer 2.0.10-1

Oops, this is a bug in Policyd-2. You can fix it with this patch:
http://devlabs.linuxassist.net/issues/44