Topic: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox

==================
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6
- iRedMail version and backend (LDAP/MySQL): 0.7.4 - MySQL
==================

My iredmail installation working great. All other domains working fine. Except, I have one domain, say for instance, example.com. Mail server for this domain hosted somewhere else. Users of this domain received very high amount of email. So I'm using fetchmail to pull all emails from remote server into the local iredmail to make the delivery faster. Users also uses iredmail as smtp server. We are not fetching mail for all users. So didn't add most of the users in iredmail. Whenver user1@example.com tries to send email to user2@example.com ( user2 not added in local iredmail as not feching mail) getting "Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox". The error makes sense. Because the user doesn't exist in virtualdomain example.com. My question is, can I forward email to those users which are not added in local iredmail without adding them? If I have to add them, how shall I forward their email to the remote example.com server as local iredmail will resolve example.com as local domain an gonna deliver to local mailbox.

Thanks for your help in advance.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.