Topic: How to ensure managesieve service is running

Ive gone through the guides several times to try to ensure manage sieve is working but roundcube still cannot connect. Is there any type of troubleshooting advice you could provide? Im not familiar with manage sieve.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to ensure managesieve service is running

brandon wrote:

Ive gone through the guides several times to try to ensure manage sieve is working but roundcube still cannot connect. Is there any type of troubleshooting advice you could provide? Im not familiar with manage sieve.

please do NOT hijack threads - HERE we are talking about a "Wishlist of iRedAdmin-Pro-LDAP-1.6.4" as the subjects shows

if you have any issues please create a new thread

Hi mike.f,

No worry about out-of-topic discussion, i can split the post to a new forum topic.

If Roundcube webmail cannot connect to managesieve server, please check its log file first, it should be the same as Postfix log file. For example, /var/log/maillog, or /var/log/mail.log, or /var/log/mail.

You can execute below command to check whether managesieve service is running or not:

# netstat -ntlp 

In old versions, managesieve listens on port 2000, but it's 4190 on some new OS releases.
If managesieve is running, please check Roundcube managesieve plugin config file, make sure it connects to correct port. For example: the config file is /var/www/roundcubemail/plugins/managesieve/config.inc.php on RHEL/CentOS/Scientific Linux.

$rcmail_config['managesieve_port'] = 4190;

Zhang,

Thanks for the help, it was still pointed to 2000. Updating it to 4190 resolved the issue.

May i know which Linux/BSD distribution and iRedMail version you're running? So that i can fix it in next release.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

May i know which Linux/BSD distribution and iRedMail version you're running? So that i can fix it in next release.

Debian 6