1 (edited by manunauta 2011-12-07 21:09:39)

Topic: [SOLVED] Unable to connect to ManageSieve server, Ubuntu 11.10

==== Provide basic information to help troubleshoot and get quick answer ====
- iRedMail version: iRedMail-0.7.4-rc3
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu Server 11.10
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.

Some lines in my 'sieve.log':

Dec 07 13:40:02 lda(www-data): Fatal: setgid(5000(vmail) from mail_gid setting) failed with euid=33(www-data), gid=33(www-data), egid=33(www-data): Operation not permitted (This binary should probably be called with process group set to 5000(vmail) instead of 33(www-data))
Dec 07 13:45:53 lda(www-data): Fatal: setgid(5000(vmail) from mail_gid setting) failed with euid=33(www-data), gid=33(www-data), egid=33(www-data): Operation not permitted (This binary should probably be called with process group set to 5000(vmail) instead of 33(www-data))
Dec 07 13:45:53 lda(www-data): Fatal: setgid(5000(vmail) from mail_gid setting) failed with euid=33(www-data), gid=33(www-data), egid=33(www-data): Operation not permitted (This binary should probably be called with process group set to 5000(vmail) instead of 33(www-data))

====

Hi Zhang,

I'm trying to set a filter for 'vacation' in my roundcube webmail, but when I click on 'Filter' option I get this message:
"Unable to connect to ManageSieve server"
and I can't set any filter.

Can you help me?

Thx in advance.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: [SOLVED] Unable to connect to ManageSieve server, Ubuntu 11.10

It's a known bug in iRedMail-0.7.4-rc3 on Ubuntu 11.10, you can fix it by modifying /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail/plugins/managesieve/config.php, change value of "managesieve_port" from 2000 to 4190. Then restarting Apache web server to make Roundcube use new value.

// managesieve server port
$rcmail_config['managesieve_port'] = 4190;

This bug was fixed. smile

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

It's a known bug in iRedMail-0.7.4-rc3 on Ubuntu 11.10, you can fix it by modifying /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail/plugins/managesieve/config.php, change value of "managesieve_port" from 2000 to 4190. Then restarting Apache web server to make Roundcube use new value.

// managesieve server port
$rcmail_config['managesieve_port'] = 4190;

This bug was fixed. smile

==== Provide basic information to help troubleshoot and get quick answer ====
- iRedMail version:
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Any related log? Log is helpful for troubleshooting.
====

Thx Zhang, my filters are working fine now.
Is it possible to use 'postgrey' with iRedMail-0.7.4-rc3?, I see that is not installed.

Regards.

iRedMail ships Policyd which provides greylisting, so no need to use postgrey.

OK.
Thx.